I bought some new shocks for my 1989 Warrior online and am now running into an issue with finding a place to install them. Camping world and Firestone both wont install parts not purchased from them, any suggestions?

Mike

Shocks are bolt off bolt on installation. I replaced my shocks on a Plymouth Valiant before I knew what a spark plug was. You can do it yourself. If you really don't want to yes find a local privately owned mechanic. You should develop a relationship with one anyway. Dealers and national chains are always a rip off. Like any other occupation the experienced ones with the talent to develop a following start their own businesses.

Linda S

When I got back from Les Schwab doing lots of work, I priced some of the parts on the 'net. Shocks and steering dampener were about double what I was charged, not so bad on the bushings and brake components. They did a good job and all in all, for $1300, I was ok with that. The labor was really cheap, I guess because the profit was in the parts mark-up.
That may be one reason, they do not want to show how much they really charge for labor??

I bought some new shocks for my 1989 Warrior online and am now running into an issue with finding a place to install them. Camping world and Firestone both wont install parts not purchased from them, any suggestions?

Mike

Try CL under services. Many small shops and backyard folks advertise there.

Depends...my shop is very upfront about labor prices.

I don't know how it all works, but it seems that a lot of shops are restricted as to what distributors they can buy through. They have deals with businesses. On top of that, why would they warranty or guarantee work on parts that just walked in the door with some random person, bought off some Internet site? I wouldn't, if I were them. If I ran a shop I would guarantee work I did with parts from suppliers I trusted.

My shop told me as much. "Yeah, we'll install the parts, but once they're on your vehicle, if they break, it's your problem".

But they have, at times, let me buy stuff. They told me with shocks for my car that I might want to look online, since I can probably find them for cheaper. Something with who they are required to go through for parts not being as cheap. They can't just order something online at the cheapest possible price.

If you bring your own parts most shops will not give you any kind of warranty so if a part goes bad you will have to pay them to do it again even if it's the very next day. If you buy the parts from them they will replace it free of charge.that is why they mark up the price to cover their costs because the part suppliers will give them the replacement but not the labor..