New Diesel Eurovan For Sale In The Us

stamar

http://m.ramtrucks.com/en/mobile/vehicles/2014/ram-promaster/

A lot of toyhome owners are pencilling in th e sprintervan motorhomes. The sprinter has been for sale in the us since 99 oddly enough for sale as the dodge now mercedes sprinter as mercedes owned chrysler then.

But in europe there is a different class of commercial van morebclosely related to our minivan.

Last seen in the us market as a renault based motorhome.

Fwd and smaller than a sprinter

This one is the fiat version. It comes in diesel and gas the same motor as a caravan. Its already for sale as a motorhome kit and whenever that hits the road it will have excellent gas mileage.

For people who believe that motorhomes can have better gas mileage of course....for dotn it will have the same gas mileAge with either engine.

Will be cool a more modern rialta

It has a few things not available on a sprintef namely the manual dual clutch transmission more often seen on a sports car.. its significantly cheaper than a sprinter but still expensive compared to a van.

Winnebago already makes a class B called the Travato and a class C called a Trend on this platform. The Travato has a neat bed in the back that folds up to the wall and then it looks like there might be enough room for a small scooter.

http://www.colonialwinnebago.com/winnebago-touring-models/winnebago-travato.php

http://www.gowinnebago.com/products/2014/trend/

Linda S

It does look like Winnebago is only offering these Rv's on the gas model right now. Strange

"... propelled by either a gasoline-powered 3.6-liter Pentastar six-cylinder (280 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque) or a new turbocharged 3.0-liter four-cylinder diesel (174 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque). Ram will offer a traditional six-speed automatic or a new six-speed automated single-clutch manual transmission that drops the hydraulic linkage to improve fuel economy – details are still emerging on this unique gearbox."

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/01/2014-ram-promaster-2500-quick-spin-review/

"...traditional six-speed automatic ...".

Anyone checked Chryslers reputation for transmissions recently?

Designed in Italy, built in Mexico for the American market. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Good luck Sergio Marchionne.

Sprinter 5 cylinder van around 24 MPG V6 class"A" Wini Via ($135 K) about 15MPG. Dodge was nothing more that a re- badged Sprinter I have a friend that took the grill out of his Dodge and put the MB grill in and you can't tell the difference. I would have to see long term Fiat figures before I would even look at one twice they have not done well in the US. Fiat- "fix it again Tony"

I doubt chrysler makes the manual auto or the diesel engine because they never have before. The transmission is common in bmws and volkswagon. It is most likely made by borg warner. The gas drivetrain is the same as the caravan.

The gas drivetrain is the same as the caravan.

That WOULDN'T be a selling point for me:-

https://www.google.ca/search?q=dodge+caravan+transmission+problems&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr&ei=9nvFUru2LeHOyQGPmIHwCw

But at least you're probably going to find it easy to find mechanics with lots of experience repairing or changing them. :)

This is the clearest review I could find. Hey by my reconning any RV base that doesn't eat massive amounts of gas is a good thing. The diesel is the same one used in the Mitsubishi delivery trucks. Sounds like a solid contender to me. Read

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/10/review-2014-ram-promaster-cargo-van-with-video/

Linda S

When you look at what all of those rvs cost theyre all ridiculous. I believe our toyhomes indexed for inflation were similar.

Well I mean the ones here that own toyhomes.

Of the list of winnebegos the cheapest one is the 70k ford v10 class a.

Thats the frugal winnebego on a budget.

If youve got that kind of cash who cares about gas

Thats why so few get made really

But someday that van is going to cost 3k used and be the perfect rv as far as gas mileage and power.

Probably not reliability.

Linda that article shows another diesel is coming the ford transit americana

It is actually based on the ranger so I doubt it would be an rv. But maybe another chinook

Linda that article shows another diesel is coming the ford transit americana

It is actually based on the ranger so I doubt it would be an rv. But maybe another chinook

The other diesel coming from Ford has nothing to do with the Ranger. Ford is introducing their full sized Transit van that has been used in Europe for years.

Linda S

Well it seems that Fiat has bought ALL of Chrysler. So your new New Yorker is now a Fiat New Yorker.

Oh there is a ford transit for sale right now in the us based on the ranger

No the micro van Transit Connect, the only Transit currently sold in America, was introduced in 2002 in Europe and is still made there. They are all imported. They have nothing to do with a Ranger in fact they are on a Focus chassis which was also first introduced in Europe.

Linda S

Not based on the Ranger unless they cut the brake size in half. The Transit Connects used by several of the companies around here have lousy brakes, don't stop for beans even with a minimal load and the brakes need replacing often. All the guys I know who have one hate it with a passion for a variety of reasons. Companies are not getting any more and are trying to get out of the leases of the ones they have is what I hear.

Ford never recovered from the choice to drop the Aerostar, thou GM did the same with the Astro van shortly after ford. That is why we see so many imported small and medium trucks around here, some have names I have never seen before.

Friends with Rangers are holding on to them as they are pretty bulletproff and nothing comperable by the blue oval imported to the US.

My mistake the transit connect has a cargo interior made by ranger shelving so ive seen them say ranger on them

I dont know what happened to the small truck as far as new vehicles. I think they are depriving the public to amp up demand for their next thing

Ive owned a lot of vans. Ive owned a lot of american vans and they were terrible. In all ways

Ive owned some european vans too and they were still terrible. But much more space efficient

Ive even owned a couple japanese vans. They were not as effecient in space vs gas but they were a lotbmore reliable. Harder to work on though.

When it gets to where the rubber meets the road they still havent invented something a lot better than a toyhome 20 years later

At least that north americanos can touch