Sewer hose and fittings

snail powered

My rig did not come with a sewer hose and connection fittings for it.

There are quite a few different ones at the store so I have no clue which one is going to be a good one.

Anyone have a preference as to make and style? It is such as nasty job to think about :( that I don't want to be fighting it and have a mess on my hands.

Affordable product choice is always much appreciated. No point in washing money down that tube too.

I use the push on fittings from blueline. Started out with the standard ones but will never go back. These are much easier and they fit nicely. never have had an accident. This is the large kit. I bought the small one with one 10 ft hose and then bought a separate end cap that's better than the one in this kit. Camping world has them. Not cheap but I've had mine a very long time.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/blueline-ultimate-sewer-kit/31212

here's the better end cap

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prest-o-Fit-1-0005-BlueLine-RV-Sewer-Hose-Pushover-Termination-Cap-/121025021120?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2da744c0&vxp=mtr

Linda S

I use the push on fittings from blueline. Started out with the standard ones but will never go back. These are much easier and they fit nicely. never have had an accident. This is the large kit. I bought the small one with one 10 ft hose and then bought a separate end cap that's better than the one in this kit. Camping world has them. Not cheap but I've had mine a very long time.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/blueline-ultimate-sewer-kit/31212

here's the better end cap

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prest-o-Fit-1-0005-BlueLine-RV-Sewer-Hose-Pushover-Termination-Cap-/121025021120?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2da744c0&vxp=mtr

Linda S

Thanks Linda, I appreciate your recommendation. There is a camping world south of Seattle. Good reason to drop in and see what they have in stock.

I just got the cheep Walmart one, I think its 10 ft, a slight twist locks it in place. don't loose the rubber o-ring gasket or you'll have a little drip when your draining.

I dump the black tank first, then kind of walk the hose, lifting it as I go to empty the hose. Then do the same with the gray to rinse the hose.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

if you look at the different grades of hose the more expensive is made way better . and is well worth the little more money.

My first hose went missing after one of the end caps popped off my bumper and the RV rounded a sharp turn on a previous trip. Of course, I only discovered the loss after arriving at home. I wonder if someone jumped at the "free" hose sitting by the side of the road.

The current hose is a Walmart.

I recently saw a photo of a bumper end with a bolt holding the end cap. Looks like a hole was drilled through the top of the bumper and through the top edge of the end cap. I plan to do the same.

My first hose went missing after one of the end caps popped off my bumper and the RV rounded a sharp turn on a previous trip. Of course, I only discovered the loss after arriving at home. I wonder if someone jumped at the "free" hose sitting by the side of the road.

The current hose is a Walmart.

I recently saw a photo of a bumper end with a bolt holding the end cap. Looks like a hole was drilled through the top of the bumper and through the top edge of the end cap. I plan to do the same.

My bumper cap just has a long nail through a hole in the bumper. Seems to work fine at holding the cap on.