Hankook RA08 ?? Opinions wanted

Oldiesel

I have to replace the tires on our new 93 Itaska,so i have read alot of info on here and the general consensus seems to be that the RA08 is the right tire. Walmart has them online for $101 no shipping to your local store.Store however says they do not mount tires on any camper,go figure. My question is this they are available in both "c" and "d' rating, according to theWinnebago sticker the "c" is what the rig was originally equipped with so should be adequate. Will i get a better ride with the "c"rating or is the added weight rating of the "d" or is there really any difference in the ride quality since they are both pretty stiff.Our previous rig had all "d" rated and did ride hard,maybe they all do.Curious minds want to know.

Don

everebody on here seems to run the D rated tires as far as ride its probly not going too ride like a car. i havnt used the hankook on a moterhome but i like the stud ones i have for my car. i am using the THUNDERER tire from LES SHAUB . made in THALAND. IT IS D rated which is 8 ply RATED. THESE MOTERHOMES CAN EASY GROSS WT 3 tons plus

I'm not sure I've ever heard of the RA08 available in a LR C. I seem to remember that the only one I've noticed that is is the Yokohama Y356.

Would you notice a difference between the C and D if they were both inflated to the same pressure? I doubt it. If the LR D was inflated to 65psi vs LR C to 50psi? Perhaps, but I still doubt it.

I have about 20k on 6 new RA08s I bought 2 years ago. They wear good, ride good, suck in snow.

Find the best price you can on the internet, then take that price to any of the major tire shops that claim to "beat anyones price".

I bought 7 tires at Discount Tire, mounted, balanced, etc, for $685.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I think everyone liikes the hankooks because they are all season tires.

I have two bbrand new ones and I have to say the ride is very stiff compared to the nankang summer ds they replaced.

I think if you do like cornering grip more than snow traction you'd apreciate some summer tires. Not the nankangs I had but maybe one of many others.

No personal experience with tires other than those yet.

I did the same thing waited did 87$ at discount tire.

I have used nexen tires and am on the second set with 41,000 miles on the first set. 185R14 they could have gone longer but I like a safe ride. Check out this site www.onlinetires.com they have good prices. Click on shop by brand, chose your brand and size, enter a zip code for shipping and you have a quote.

i did RA08s almost same time Waiter did and almost same price. i concur with his statement. I would add they still kick behind as I dont ride in the snow; at that point my rig is antifreezed covered and in storage; though waiter had good reason to complain what with going to alaska and all...still they are awesome tires IMHO.

Awsome info thanks all, both my local tire dealers were really pushing for trailer tires saying "they'll be fine" sorry but that line is beginning to tourque me off. This info will really help out I weighed my chinook at the scrapyard and with myself and passenger it weighed 4400 lbs. Not the amount of weight I want on improper tires. Also that was without my usual gear in it while weighing it.

I put 6 RA08's on in June 2012. Have put about 10k on them. Traction driving through a blizzard in PA was excellent. The only problem I had was the front end was lite. The icy patches were kind of tricky other than that I recommend them. I'm sure any tire where the majority of the weight is on the back would have the same issues.