San Diego 1986 Dolphin for sale

sdboltdude

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/rvs/3550983763.html

looks like a good deal...

1986 Toyota Dolphin Motorhome

Low miles approx 48,500, automatic, 4 cylinder, 15-22 mpg, drives fine

All appliances work.

Has stove/oven, newer refrig/freezer, newer A/C, newer hot water heater, generator, 110v inverter, working toilet/shower.

Selling since rarely used since purchase approx 1.5 yrs ago.

Registration expires Jun/2013.

money pit. obviously they are hiding the death axle and the motor has sat way to long unused. Also has the rear bath layout..which IMHO is the least space friendly design to something you don't spend much bathroom time in.

The rear bath layout seems to be the most common (no statistics available) from what I've seen for sale. So, at least at the time of purchase, most buyers though it 'best'. I know I prefer it, but not necessarily because of 'best space usage'. I like the couch right behind the driver's seat to step on to get into the bunk. And one of my dogs likes lying on the couch to look over my shoulder while driver, the other lies on the floor looking between the front seats.

I'd say the rear dinette is in (close) 2nd place. Might even be 1st. Many other layouts seem to have been tried, few survived.

I like my rare but super compact rear corner bath with rear kitchen. This is the SSS vesion where you can _hit shower and shave all at the same time ; bathroom is the shower. I still have the couch to step up into the over cab bed. Personally I wanted the 21 foot rear dinette model but just couldn't find one in a sunrader with a 22RE (only the older 22R's and they wer usually 1984 or older.) So maybe the rear dinettes hayday for sunraders was early 80's or the newer ones just don't change hands as often.

question to Linda S... you have sunraders; have you owned both in 21 ? which is better?

My wife has looked at the layout maps and still thinks ours is the best because it keeps everyone cab forward for conversation. Me, I love that HUGE rear window vista..

the only thing we would want different we have a dolphon 400 rear bath but the 400 does not have the standred dinnet has the two small tables set up we love it anyway has the xtra window ahead of the door.

• 1 month later...

This may be the dolphin I bought. I picked it up in sd the day before and is an 86. The wheel covers on the back hide a ff rear. Only 5 lugs up front. Tires are less than 5 years and in great shape. Just spent the morning installing a new isolator. Does anyone have info on a step into the front bunk?