Still can't figure out how to start my heater and hot water heater

gr8white

I made another thread on this subject but I cant find it. I cant figure out how to search for my posts. I still cant start this heater and hot water heater. Cant find a pilot light. Any suggestions? Winter is here and I am making a trip tomorrow without it. I will use a fan heater for now but would love to make it work. I set the propane tank on the side in the compartment Is that a problem?

I made another thread on this subject but I cant find it. I cant figure out how to search for my posts. I still cant start this heater and hot water heater. Cant find a pilot light. Any suggestions? Winter is here and I am making a trip tomorrow without it. I will use a fan heater for now but would love to make it work. I set the propane tank on the side in the compartment Is that a problem?

Does your propane tank have little legs to sit it on horizontally. If not do not turn it on in the horizontal position. Liquid propane gets into regulator instead of gas and can cause a fire. If you have a vertical tank you will need to remove it from the compartment and sit it upright to use.

Your heater doesn't have a pilot. it starts itself after the fan comes on and get going fast enough. Helps to get propane in the lines by lighting the stove first. Just let it stay lit for a few minutes. Turn Thermostat for heater on. Turn temp up to normal temperature. You should hear fan start. Shorty after fan starts you should be able to hear ignition in the furnace. If it doesn't light turn it off for 5 minutes and try again. After a couple of trys give up. Needs repair

Water heater. Have you ever started your water heater at home. The one in the camper is basically the same. Press down red button and turn to pilot holding it down. Light gas and holding it down turn to on. Adjust water temp button and your good. If you still don't get it, find an RV repair place. Most would be happy to explain it and show you what to do. Good business to help people who might become clients

Linda S

Check that propane tank. Pretty sure someone told you before that only horizontal tanks can be used in the horizontal position

The water heater in my '88 Escaper is electronic ignition. Turn on the switch and the water heater starts. The switch is above the sink near the overhead light.

try to vacuum out ash from heater take off grill and shop vac the vent line and all around heater

this worked for me

water heater press red button and follow gas line to where it lites....for me it was right after the heater to your front right side....only took 5sec to lite,,,,

turn on stove first to get gas to all lines before you start heater

• 3 weeks later...

• So still a fan of Micky Mouse? Your situation is not unusual, There is a long post about mouse proofing in the general fourm