Dealer only item

OR change studs and nuts to normal threads

I haven't been able to find wheel nuts or lug nut for an 86 at any online dealer site. It is possible they are not available anymore. You might have to make do with a regular left hand nut. They are also hard to find but this company has them in the right size for a Toyota

https://www.belmetric.com/nl12x15-left-hand-p-1694.html?zenid=jfp69bfgiqh3i2njd1jhuakfg0&cPath=3_273

Lets us know if you find a real one

Linda S

I THINK these are good numbers

Right hand flanged nuts Toyota PN 90942-01004

Left hand flanged nuts Toyota PN 90942-01009

See if this helps any

Thanks everyone

I meant wheel stud not nut. I bought 6 regular threaded studs while only needing 2 between two different stores. I figured i'd change them all to regular thread since tire store broke studs on me. I also bought nice chrome nuts. Well got Shasta to my mechanic and he discovered i only needed one new stud and highly recommended i go to dealer and get one reverse threaded stud. He said its safer and also told me to return chrome nuts as they tend to work themselves off rim, and just use old nuts. So off to dealer to order stud.

Waiter, both ends of studs are threaded so i dont think you can bang em out. One end gets threaded into drum i think?

I haven't been able to find wheel nuts or lug nut for an 86 at any online dealer site. It is possible they are not available anymore. You might have to make do with a regular left hand nut. They are also hard to find but this company has them in the right size for a Toyota

https://www.belmetri...fg0&cPath=3_273

Lets us know if you find a real one

Linda S

Great link, the body shop clips look like both the grey ones under the dash and those larger ones holding the plastic grill to the front engine compartment frame flange. I also want to replace the alternator main holding bolt as the head is partly collapsed. Will call them monday with the measurements sure look a lot cheaper that the Toyota prices. vanman

I had to replace two wheel studs recently, the threads were messed up, I used a brass drift and they hammered out OK, I got replacement studs from our Toyota dealer no problem (14 mm Right hand thread 1.5 pitch) but for some reason they couldn’t get me lug nuts??? I located some aftermarket ones but smaller, correct 14 mm thread, but it takes a smaller 21 mm socket to tighten them, not the 23mm socket I use on the rest of the nuts, I would like to get the same size all round if anyone knows of a source. Thanks Mike

mission mike

I had to replace two wheel studs recently, the threads were messed up, I used a brass drift and they hammered out OK, I got replacement studs from our Toyota dealer no problem (14 mm Right hand thread 1.5 pitch) but for some reason they couldn’t get me lug nuts??? I located some aftermarket ones but smaller, correct 14 mm thread, but it takes a smaller 21 mm socket to tighten them, not the 23mm socket I use on the rest of the nuts, I would like to get the same size all round if anyone knows of a source.

That's maybe my fault. I ordered 24 lugnuts from the Toyota dealer and it took a month for all of 'em to arrive in lots of several at a time from all over. Parts guy said he never saw such lugnuts and initially told me the samples I as showing him were not OEM parts. When they arrived they were exactly what was on it when mary bought it. I didn't like that the lugnuts I sourced locally were smaller, especially when I saw the foot lbs they are torqued to. Maybe no longer available??? Didn't Toyota make many millions of these 6 lug 3 hole wheels???

vanman

Mirage! Not trying to highjack your thread here, but we both seem to be chasing down the same thing.

Vanman, would you be willing to sell me 6 of your lug nuts that were on your rig originally, I would pay whatever you paid each for the replacements plus cost of postage, I have access to a mail address on the US side of the Canadian border.

As long as yours are 14mm right hand thread 23mm socket size, can we make a deal???

Waiter, harder for us Canucks to get parts up here, personally I’ve never seen a U haul Toyota truck in BC.

Mike

Mirage! Not trying to highjack your thread here, but we both seem to be chasing down the same thing.

Vanman, would you be willing to sell me 6 of your lug nuts that were on your rig originally, I would pay whatever you paid each for the replacements plus cost of postage, I have access to a mail address on the US side of the Canadian border.

As long as yours are 14mm right hand thread 23mm socket size, can we make a deal???

Waiter, harder for us Canucks to get parts up here, personally I've never seen a U haul Toyota truck in BC.

Mike

Sure, I'll check to see that's the size. I think all the 6 lug 3 hole wheels use the same lugnuts on the newer( 91 Dolphin) wheels. I replaced 'em for looks as I had also ordered the wheel simulators, the threads are ok. I won't ask for anywhere near what Toyota did, anyway they are used, not new. __ :)

vanman

• 1 month later...

I had to replace two wheel studs recently, the threads were messed up, I used a brass drift and they hammered out OK, I got replacement studs from our Toyota dealer no problem (14 mm Right hand thread 1.5 pitch) but for some reason they couldn’t get me lug nuts??? I located some aftermarket ones but smaller, correct 14 mm thread, but it takes a smaller 21 mm socket to tighten them, not the 23mm socket I use on the rest of the nuts, I would like to get the same size all round if anyone knows of a source. Thanks Mike

try NAPA