Traveling with gas fridge running?

I have been told that you should not run the fridge (using gas) while rolling down the road. Is there a problem with this?

I've been doing it for 8 years now and no problems except that it will sometimes go out. Usually check from time to time. Turn off when you get gas

LS

I run mine on the road all the time and always forget to turn it off when gassing up.

When the winds are strong and gusty, it will sometimes blow out while traveling. We check it at each stop when the winds are gusty.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Ditto to the above post

I have been told that you should not run the fridge (using gas) while rolling down the road. Is there a problem with this?

none at all -- if it is windy yes it can blow out. if you read up on gas frig operation & why it is so important to keep it level when parked you will note that it ok to use while in motion - that the motion will prevent the vapor lock that shortens the life of the AC & can even lead to sudden death (ammonia smell).

I only turn mine off when getting propane (my pilot is right next to the fill) and if I have to park unlevel for more than 15 minutes.