Crankcase capacity for 87 22re fuel injected mini-wini-is it only 3.7 or 4 qts?

Just want to thank all of you who have been answering my questions and I am almost ready for our first road trip with everything working.

Now one more question that was not answered in the manual I received with the vehicle.

Just changed oil and at first put in 5 qts.and noticed level was way too high - then drained out one qt and dipstick is still reading a little high. Is it really just 3.7 qis? I read that fact somewhere on line.

Just want to thank all of you who have been answering my questions and I am almost ready for our first road trip with everything working.

Now one more question that was not answered in the manual I received with the vehicle.

Just changed oil and at first put in 5 qts.and noticed level was way too high - then drained out one qt and dipstick is still reading a little high. Is it really just 3.7 qis? I read that fact somewhere on line.

4 quarts without filter, 4.5 with. If you haven't started the engine yet and you did change the filter, start it let some cycle through the filter

LS

Just to avoid future confusion, try what I do. I have always written the oil capacity under the hood with a Sharpie. Our family has 5 vehicles (kids) and I forget what they all hold. It just makes it easier. I also write the belt sizes and filter number under the hood.

No I am reading the manual. I have a 22re

LS

One other thing. If you have never pulled the pan and cleaned out the slug that accumilates there that could be the difference. I have and it can be substantial

LS

With modern high dertegent oils, droping the pan is a waste of time. It will be clean

86 factory book says 4.9 qts with filter