CONTEST Best Idea for the use of this:-->

Totem

Ok, Here's a new game. Its called what would you do with this: See the picture Below and the following 3 rules:

1.) You cannot answer a Table mount; the table has a mount already that cannot be changed and shame on you for such a bland answer. To gain the floor you need something better than that.

2.) Each 90 degree collapsible hinge is rated to 75 Lbs. There are 4 of them. Each is 16 inches long vertical and 16 inches horizontal when extended. your Idea must accommodate this.

3.) The parts are powder coated; the exposed steel is stainless; not sure how outdoor durable this is but seems like it would grease and be ok outside too. Indoor or Outdoor application idea is permitted

* win this contest and you take the floor of the thread and can post your own widget that you want ideas for. Ready set GO:!

post-4814-0-78935800-1332292707_thumb.jp

OK I'll bite, a long, 16" wide outside mounted folding table. Perfect for stuff when your outside grilling.

WME

not bad WME, I too thought about outdoor bench/tables. but tables are too easy and wife forbid me to add "wings" to the beast.

Maineah must have a HUGE rig ; his has a garage?

My personal idea was to use these some how as holders for two kayaks.... maybe like side cranes each with a ratchet pully to hold them...

I gather the legal limit for width of a vehicle is 96 inches. someone mentioned the rig is 78.5 leaving 17.5... a kayak on its side?

not bad WME, I too thought about outdoor bench/tables. but tables are too easy and wife forbid me to add "wings" to the beast.

Maineah must have a HUGE rig ; his has a garage?

My personal idea was to use these some how as holders for two kayaks.... maybe like side cranes each with a ratchet pully to hold them...

I gather the legal limit for width of a vehicle is 96 inches. someone mentioned the rig is 78.5 leaving 17.5... a kayak on its side?

Yeah it's a tow behind like one of the race car trailers it has it's own engine.

I am always short on counter space when cooking, how about using

two of them to extend the length of the counter by 16 to 24 inches?

When cooking is done, it folds out of the way.

add a table all the way across the back, who uses a spare anyway, that's what AAA is for. set up outdoor kitchen. add awning across the back and it's a done deal and no wings. it's not what i would do, i would just add it to my collection of stuff that fills the shelving in the shop/shed. i actually like the idea of extending the counter space inside, my particular layout wouldn't allow that, dolphin 800.

alas my kitchen is the rear wall out-looking the back window.

my spare is underneath the rig just behind axle. i have a cargo carrier already...

90toydolphin...awning.. hmm dual use idea sprouting.... i could mount these high and hang two kayaks from them and also use them to support a bag awning...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320787543222#ht_500wt_1156

link above hanging from each of two...then foam and ratcher down to an eye flip down when not in use... wonder what aerodynamic issues that might cause being on only one side...

Bag awning when needed or not when not. would make sense to have it when with kayaks.

• 10 months later...

the arms ratchet permanently into 0 or 90 degrees, thus they would be of little use for solar.

I have found a use for one though I think. I am going to mount a Pizzaz rotary pizza cooker to the wall with one so it folds flat to the wall or up for service.

I plan to remove the gas oven and shove a microwave in the hole if I can figure out how to just remove the oven...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, Here's a new game. Its called what would you do with this: See the picture Below and the following 3 rules:

1.) You cannot answer a Table mount; the table has a mount already that cannot be changed and shame on you for such a bland answer. To gain the floor you need something better than that.

2.) Each 90 degree collapsible hinge is rated to 75 Lbs. There are 4 of them. Each is 16 inches long vertical and 16 inches horizontal when extended. your Idea must accommodate this.

3.) The parts are powder coated; the exposed steel is stainless; not sure how outdoor durable this is but seems like it would grease and be ok outside too. Indoor or Outdoor application idea is permitted

* win this contest and you take the floor of the thread and can post your own widget that you want ideas for. Ready set GO:!

Hi Dolphinite,

I think that could be converted into a bike rack mounted off of the rear bumper.

Boots

Hi boots; I was the OP here; I have several of those brackets. Have yet to use them though. I was thinking of making a flip up bunk/cot bed using 4 of them mounted to a 2x4 frame that when in the down position served as a couch backrest; therby giving me 2 additional beds...