What are these?

xanthogar

Trying to figure out what these are. I thought maybe it's a place for a speaker but am worked about putting a speaker there in case it's some type of vent. Does anyone know?

post-4086-0-97607700-1324980142_thumb.jp

If you are talking about the louvers they are part of the heating /A/C system so you have fresh air movement with the windows closed they vent out at the back of the cab.

Ok that makes sense, I guess plugging them with speakers is a bad idea then lol, just trying to find a place to install cab speakers, the only ones we have are over the bed and can't be heard very well while driving.

My Dolphin has the original two surface mount speakers, on the underside of the wall cabinets. One on each side. They sound great and have adjustable volume.

i dont know about the 84 but 86 on have speaker mounts one in each end of the dash sort on the front if you have a grill thing on each end there is a screw there to remove the factury speaker covers. have 87 dolphin and 88 4wd xtra cab . 87 toyrv maybe you have two front speakers there my dolphin has same as you in the back and two in the front dash holes.

Those vents are for ventilation. You should have a plastic vent on the outside of the door post to complete things.

SOORY THAT IS THE OLDER STYLE DASH I DID NOT KNOW WHEN THEY CHANGE I SEE THE SPEAKER GRILL IN THE TOP I WOULD PROBLY BUILD WOOD SPEAKER BOXZ AND SET BEHIND THE SEATS HAVE TWO DOWN IN THE BACK OF MY 88 XTRA CAB GLUE VIONAL ON THEM.