Heat pump vs AC?

Heat pumps are nothing more then an A/C that has reverse! They are no more efficient then a normal A/C and I would guess they are a good bit more expensive then a standard roof A/C.

As Maineah said, an AC is a heat pump.

What exactly are you referring to?

Are you thinking of using it as a heater as well? If so, fageddaboutit. Propane is a wonderful, efficient heat source in an RV. It even does a good job as a mini-AC (fridge).

I am looking at the Coleman Mach III PS 13500 BTU.

I has the heat strip option which is about $35.00 depending on who you buy it from.

I suffered significant damage to the fins, and cover on the unit from a recent freak hail storm (15 years since the last one like it), and it does not produce any cooling, so I decided to change it out to new rather than have it repaired.

I found that the cost to repair is a little over half for new so I am going in that direction.

The electric heaters are about 5500 watts that;'s a lot of juice most camp grounds would not ask you back.

The heat strips are rated at 5600 BTU, that's only about 1650 watts

Oops you are right I looked at the heater too quick that's like 45 amps. The campgrounds still won't like you we have pretty expensive power here in Maine and most campgrounds ask you not to run electric heat or A/C.