Source for Interior Paneling

Viking66

Hi All,

As most of you know I am working on my 1985 Sunrader. I am having a Great time working on things as I go along.

When I work on projects I try to stay a couple of steps ahead so I have what I need, when I need it.

My question is, does anyone know of a source for the paneling that was used in our Toys? It may sound funny, but I really like the paneling look in mine. It has a nice cozy effect, so I want to replace what has been damaged by a leak at a side window, and also remove and replace the panel job the PO had done in the kitchen area.

I have looked at the painting jobs that people here have done, some really nice work for sure. I also have painters in the family, so doing that is not the issue, it is getting the look I want. I have also searched this forum, others, and the net and I am not finding anything on where to get that type of paneling.

I Do Not Want paneling with the lines in it. I can get that at a box store.

Thanks in advance!!! :)

try googling for a local supplier, in Portland Oregon i found Mr plywood to have what i wanted and it was fairly cheap, nice hickory veneered 4 by 8 sheets, 1/4" thick for 13 bucks a sheet, they'll let you pick through the stock and have many species. there might be something like that near you.

I don't know if this would work in an RV, but I have been thinking about using door skins to replace some cabinet door paneling in my little RV. You can get unfinished door skins in many different types of woods. They are about an 1/8" thick, fairly flexible, lightweight and pretty inexpensive. I have used the skins like a veneer to face tables (in my house) and been pleased with the results. I have glued the skin on plywood, stained and finished with polyurethane to make it water and stain resistant. Overall, I have found them easier to use than panelling, but if the RV walls are curved, these might not flex in the right direction. I have been thinking about gluing two door skins together so the inside and outside of a cabinet door can be finished. Sue

Assuming you're talking about the paneling with the 'wallpaper' on it, I doubt very much you're going to find an exact match. Maybe remove a sample (or a good photograph) and go wander down to your local wallpaper store (if such a thing still exists) and look through their catalogs.

Sue, why not just paint the inside of the doors white or off-white. It'll look finished, still be light and the white should brighten things up (a bit) in your cupboards when you're looking for something.

But my name's Derek, and NOT Martha!! :rolleyes:

Ah I know what you talking about now, its actually a photo finished paneling (not real wood surface). The guy who owned our Sunrader before us found some somewhere as he built a cabinet across the back with the stuff. It matched the original fairly close.Here is a couple of pics, one is of the table area showing the original (under table) paneling and the other the new. I made the door. I think a cabinet shop would be your best place to start. Its a commonly used material but not carried by the big box stores.

post-1-055572800 1295807026_thumb.jpg

post-1-038399700 1295807043_thumb.jpg

Yes, that is Exactly what I am looking for. I need 2 sheets to do the projects that I have lined up.

I am sure it is available somewhere, just finding out where is the issue.

If you can't find the original, you could go with a straight-ahead laminate. Formica and Wilsonart are the big manufacturers and they have 100s of looks and patterns.

-andrew

Yes, I have been thinking about that as well. If I did go that route, I would remove the wall by the Dinette also, that way the wood look that is left would be more of an accent than the major.

I do need to re-seal the windows, so when I have those out, is when I planned on doing the rest of the interior work.

This should be the right type paneling but exact match on the color I don't know, The nearest location to you is Holister, Ca and shipping might be quite expensive. If you decide this is the stuff you must have I can at least save you the trouble of making a serious color mistake. I'm about an hour from Holister and I have Sunraders so I could drive down there and see if I can find a match. I fact I will be going near there on the 22 of Feb. Email me directly and let me know

http://www.all-rite.com/wall-paneling-p-128.html?osCsid=e4899990fe9d67abb6ce492d29e721fb

Linda S

Hi All,

As most of you know I am working on my 1985 Sunrader. I am having a Great time working on things as I go along.

When I work on projects I try to stay a couple of steps ahead so I have what I need, when I need it.

My question is, does anyone know of a source for the paneling that was used in our Toys? It may sound funny, but I really like the paneling look in mine. It has a nice cozy effect, so I want to replace what has been damaged by a leak at a side window, and also remove and replace the panel job the PO had done in the kitchen area.

I have looked at the painting jobs that people here have done, some really nice work for sure. I also have painters in the family, so doing that is not the issue, it is getting the look I want. I have also searched this forum, others, and the net and I am not finding anything on where to get that type of paneling.

I Do Not Want paneling with the lines in it. I can get that at a box store.

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Linda S,

Mine looks a lot like the Baltimore Oak. It has the knots in it I am pretty sure. I am off work tomorrow, so i will go out and take a good look at it.

I just wonder how much shipping on something like that would be to Louisiana. I am also going to visit a bigger RV Sales place one of these days and see if they can get anything like that.

Thanks for the link!!

All-Rite also has a warehouse in Georgia. For some reason I thought you were on the west coast. Georgia's not too far. If you can find a mechanic or someone in the business, I believe they also do wholesale. Might be able to gat a cheaper price

Linda

Linda S,

Mine looks a lot like the Baltimore Oak. It has the knots in it I am pretty sure. I am off work tomorrow, so i will go out and take a good look at it.

I just wonder how much shipping on something like that would be to Louisiana. I am also going to visit a bigger RV Sales place one of these days and see if they can get anything like that.

Thanks for the link!!