My 1989 Micro Sprit (Toyota Truck 3.0L 3VZ-E) Throttle body upgrade?

Having a devil of a time finding a throttle body replacement for a1989 Micro Sprit (Toyota Truck 3.0L 3VZ-E). Except for some awful one's on eBay (eg, rusted and beat up, $200-$300) it's impossible to find a new one. But I seem to remember someone mentioning that they were able to "upgrade" their throttle body on their 3.0L 3VZ-E 6 cylinder with a newer one, a throttle body that's still old somewhat at large (parts geek, rock auto, Autozone, et.al.) Any leads in this direction would be most welcome!

And by the way, can someone please tell me what this part (yellow arrow) is?  It's spring loaded, has a boot, but doesn't alway "open up" as in slide open, when the depressor is moved away.  Thank you!

IMG_8097.jpeg

No new ones anywhere on the planet. I checked the whole site and I see many posts about cleaning them and a few about having a machine shop rebuild them.

Have you taken yours off and cleaned it thoroughly?

Here's the other part you asked about.

image.png.97fe99d2988e7c574d4b10572f486ed0.png

Here's the part number but it's been discontinued too

image.png.860d6d9bdfc277f930733606b8033379.png

Linda S

Thank you so much, re: the dashpot, and thanks Linda for your trusty reply 😀 No, I haven't removed it and cleaned it, maybe I oughta give that a try.

https://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?/topic/20504-engine-problems-egr-vacuum-hose-leak-tps/#comment-134310Here

, btw, is my problem, posted last week 

Since I haven't found a rebuild kit for said throttle body, and rebuilding it seems like a long shot, except for maybe a new gasket.

I'll come back to one of my original questions re: an Upgrade.  Anyone know if my 3.0L 3VZ-E throttle body can be replaced with another, more modern Toyota throttle body, one that is still actually for sale?  

(already replaced TPS, EGR, and will, later today, the fuel pressure gauge)

As always, Many Thanks!

1 hour ago, ATXBreeze said:

I'll come back to one of my original questions re: an Upgrade.  Anyone know if my 3.0L 3VZ-E throttle body can be replaced with another, more modern Toyota throttle body, one that is still actually for sale?

I don’t believe that you will find any of the newer, 2.7, 3.4 or 4.0 will fit.