Hi. I’m looking at a 1990 Winnebago for sale with 95,000 miles and  a 3L V6 that needs some work. It occurs to me that I don’t think I’ve seen one with very many more miles than that. Otherwise, it’s in really good shape. How many miles might this engine still have left if fixed? I’m considering a refurbished engine instead & have heard good things about the 3.4 L. Thanks for your thoughts. 

The 3.0 has a reputation that's for sure, and its not exactly a good one. the 3.4 is an excellent engine.

I’ve got 98K on mine and running fine: I expect it to go another 50K+. But like Linda said… all depends a great deal on regular maintenance. If the 3.0 you’re looking at hasn’t had much love, I’d probably plan on doing timing belt, water pump, valve adjustment, rad flush + hoses, accessory belts,  tune up (cap, rotor, plugs, wires), fuel filter, and a few bottles of injector cleaner. 

Edited by Ctgriffi

The V6 is a strong motor but is still old school in the sense it requires regular hands on maintenance. A very common problem I see on the forums and online is burnt exhaust valves. The valve clearances have to be measured at recommended intervals and there is a learning curve to the style valves the 3.0 has; bucket shim style. More often than not I've seen significant valve issues at the 100,000 mark on these and likely because no one got in there to measure and install new shims. 

https://madison.craigslist.org/rvs/d/new-lisbon-1990-toyota-winnebago-warrior/7662618279.html