Shell in Georgia - Seeking buyer pool or pre-part out

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/972680929994097?ref=saved&referral_code=null

There's a 78 shell in Georgia, near enough to me, that I want to get the fenders off of. The seller wont part it out and would seemingly rather cut it up and junk it than deal with parting it. He's looking for $1500.

Noting the cost of replacement over cab windows, a decent looking door, the fenders, and other random bits that may be useful, I was considering just biting it and purchasing the entire shell, since I have a place it could sit. I think the seller may be slightly negotiable, but it doesn't seem like much.

I would be willing to get it if others may be interested in buying other items off it or even the whole shell, sans fenders. I guess I could just hold on to it for the sake of the windows if I ever need them, but I'm not sure the price justifies the parts.

I guess I'm seeking input on the idea.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

b.PNG

Edited by wadingthroughlife
add info

9 minutes ago, linda s said:

None of the parts your interested in will fit your 1987. Windows are too big and have different angle and fender skirts are too square. 

Linda S 

Ah - Thanks for the input. At least there is some visibility on the shell if anyone else needs items now.

FYI - The 87 seems to have had the driver's fender removed at some point, as I can see the mounting holes in photos, but the passenger side with the fuel filler neck within the fenderwell doesnt seem to have had holes. 

Not a rush, but I'd definitely like to get some back on it one day. Any clue what year fenders may fit the 87 18' body? 

87 Fenders should be the same as my 86 so anything between 1984 and 1992 would fit. 

So tell me about this fuel tank. It is not from the Sunrader factory. Is there still a spot where the fuel filler should have been? Send me pics of that side of camper

Linda S

This thing has been around for awhile. Not worth $1500 dollars. Owner says they’ll cut it up and take to the dump if it doesn’t sell. Yet the price is FIRM. I wouldn’t give $500 never mind $1500.

1 hour ago, linda s said:

87 Fenders should be the same as my 86 so anything between 1984 and 1992 would fit. 

So tell me about this fuel tank. It is not from the Sunrader factory. Is there still a spot where the fuel filler should have been? Send me pics of that side of camper

Linda S

From what I found searching here and otherwise, I believe it’s the extended/larger tank that the gauge didn’t necessarily read empty correctly on.

I’ve seen photos of a couple others (screen shots of most notably the Dr Lee rig and yotahome)where the fuel cap is actually cut into the fender as opposed to the body. The one we’re going to look at and pick up is also pictured. 

I believe the tank is a 26gal but maybe it was 22 and I misremember. 

4D6FB024-2DDC-41D2-A080-DA5B920F1213.jpeg

3580E10C-B6C2-4956-BCB4-6D2689B8C25D.png

016125FB-8FCC-4878-94E8-BD110F978CFD.jpeg

D6A7421E-99CA-4ACA-8181-0D635005764F.png

Edited by wadingthroughlife

Yup your absolutely right. Forgot about placement on the 4x4. Think it's because the frame is lifted, hence lower placement for the filler. I've found some on rigs that I know dont have the larger tank too.  That original tank was made by Transfer Flow when they were still in southern Cal. It's 26 gallons

Linda S 

30 minutes ago, thewanderlustking said:

Somebody will want that as complete as possible. And while $1500 is high, I would consider it myself were that close to me or delivered. It would be an awesome way to fix a damaged house. And no rotten wood frame…

Too much money. Here’s a 1978 complete and running in N.C. for $900.00. Belongs to a friend of mine.

The only thing that shell  in Georgia would be good for is to make molds with. But hey, Georgia is not that far from Florida. Maybe you should buy it.

5741EC4C-0DCF-4887-9153-4662D4447892.jpeg