Cruise Control

davidtan

I was able to buy an original unused Cruise Control for the ToyoHome 6 cyl on ebay. The whole kit comes with very detailed instructions and seems pretty simple. Not sure if I will try to install myself or have an accessory shop do it. Anybody ever try doing this???

I've read cruise control on the 22RE does not perform very well. Difficulty maintaining  desired speeds of 55 or more for some reason (vacuum?)

1 hour ago, markwilliam1 said:

I've read cruise control on the 22RE does not perform very well. Difficulty maintaining  desired speeds of 55 or more for some reason (vacuum?)

Yes.

I use my cruise all the time, all the way down to 30 MPH. Yes if using cruise and start to climb a hill or incline the transmission will shift out of OD. You take it out of cruise get to a speed you can maintain then put cruise back on, it will hold. 50,55, 45, you decide. If you have to shift into 2nd gear, which we do out west, I usually do not go over 45MPH and use the cruise. Mine holds very well.   By the way my engine is a v6.

Darrel

I'm speaking of the 4 banger. No experience with the 6.

There are aftermarket CC's that use an electric stepper motor instead of a vacuum chamber to set throttle position.

Its an original kit for the RV....seems to be built for Winnebago. Not sure if vacuum, but it does have some sort of air canister / chamber. i think just trying to go a steady 60 on flats is ok . Its like the gas pedal is at a wierd angle or position where my leg gets tired.

We use cruise control almost always on the freeway (22RE with 4-speed manual transmission). Our travels over the last 3 years have been predominately going up and down the west coast. It has performed great from our prospective. Easy to set and adjust.