bwolfgti

84 Sunrader Led Taillight And Marker Light Project

Looks great. Labor intensive but worth it when you see the difference. Finish it off with the Zep and it will stay that way a long time.

Linda

Also painted the rear storage door and lower refrigerator vent door and replaced the screw cover moldings on them and also the screw cover molding all the way around the seam of the camper.

IMG_20160101_133032_118.jpg

IMG_20160101_133042_418.jpg

A heat gun made installing the screw molding a lot easier. A bit time consuming but not sure i could have done it without heating it up.

IMG_20160102_131917_765.jpg

IMG_20160102_131922_503.jpg

Edited by bwolfgti

Today i did 4 coats of zep. Happy with the results

IMG_20160122_141631_309.jpg

IMG_20160122_141613_000.jpg

IMG_20160122_141544_377.jpg

wow. nice!

maybe your local RV dealer will offer you a parts discount if you refrain from parking your 30 yr old rig where it will distract customers from the new ones on their lot......

hi there,

i purchased and received your aluminum taillight plates on ebay and they look great! i also got the lights and connectors from superbrightled.

i'm a total beginner re: electical systems, and trying to use original wiring to figure out how to install the new led tail-light system.

but i'm having trouble determining what goes where...

the new led light connectors have red+black+white, and i understand that the black is "dim" and red is "bright". white = negative/ground?

attached is photo of "original" wiring.

my understanding is that "orange"wire on the left and "black" wire provides power, as i can make signals/brake/reverse work with new LED system, but my parking light (dim) stopped working on the old lights, and i can't seem to get it to work with the new lights either (it could be another problem or i'm just not wiring the new lights properly).

any help would be appreciated~

-chulho

post-8462-0-42774300-1453499230_thumb.jp

hi there,
i purchased and received your aluminum taillight plates on ebay and they look great! i also got the lights and connectors from superbrightled.
i'm a total beginner re: electical systems, and trying to use original wiring to figure out how to install the new led tail-light system.
but i'm having trouble determining what goes where...
the new led light connectors have red+black+white, and i understand that the black is "dim" and red is "bright". white = negative/ground?
attached is photo of "original" wiring.
my understanding is that "orange"wire on the left and "black" wire provides power, as i can make signals/brake/reverse work with new LED system, but my parking light (dim) stopped working on the old lights, and i can't seem to get it to work with the new lights either (it could be another problem or i'm just not wiring the new lights properly).
any help would be appreciated~
-chulho

If the parking lights didn't work before and aren't working now, i would guess it is a wiring issue somewhere or a blown fuse possibly. Have you checked the fuses?

wow. nice!

maybe your local RV dealer will offer you a parts discount if you refrain from parking your 30 yr old rig where it will distract customers from the new ones on their lot......

Haha, i should check into that. Its still far from perfect but as good as it is going to get without doing a full resto on it.

If the parking lights didn't work before and aren't working now, i would guess it is a wiring issue somewhere or a blown fuse possibly. Have you checked the fuses?

well, it's hard to test that parking lights aren't working right now since i have no idea how to wire the new LED lights properly. any wiring tips? all i have is the photo i attached..

Where did you get that great spare tire cover???

It was on the camper when i bought it so i'm not sure where the previous owners bought it. sorry

well, it's hard to test that parking lights aren't working right now since i have no idea how to wire the new LED lights properly. any wiring tips? all i have is the photo i attached..

Yes like Derek said, you need to get a multimeter so you can test which wires have power when you turn the switch to parking lights, push the brake pedal, turn the turn signal on etc. An extra person in the cab doing that for you while you are measuring which wires get power would be helpful. If you aren't getting power to a wire when you should be, then its more than likely a blown fuse or a broken wire somewhere down the line.

Tip #1:- Buy a multimeter.

agreed

Today i got rid of the stock carb and put on the popular weber 32/36. Removed the carb and all associated vacuum lines, egr, smog stuff etc. Really opens up the engine bay and doesn't look likes such a bowl of spaghetti. Won't be able to take it on a test drive for a few months yet, but it starts right up and idles nicely so i'm looking forward to it.

IMG_20160202_132036_024.jpg

egr block off plate i made out of aluminum

IMG_20160202_161049_582.jpg

carb on and only 2 vacuum lines to hook up

IMG_20160202_185441_197.jpg

What paint color did you use for vent covers? Looks like it matched well

Thanks

Yea i was very happy with the color match. It is Rustoleum Canvas White

I hated the hubcaps on the camper and aftermarket wheels don't exist for these so i decided to have the rims sandblasted and then i painted the gloss brown to match the side stripe, put on chrome trim rings and chrome lug nuts. I like this look much better.

IMG_20160205_163312_384.jpg

IMG_20160205_163303_504.jpg

IMG_20160205_163249_995.jpg

IMG_20160205_163326_707.jpg

Another nice improvement

Washed my toy with bar keepers now the Zep any suggests for the application? Thanks

wash it again with bar keepers friend to be sure it is as clean as you can get it, let it dry a day. I bought a sponge mop at the local hardware store and applied it with that. Keep a rag handy because sometimes it'll run and you need to wipe those up. And do as Derek said, multiple thin coats. I think i did 4 total.

Got rid of the silver front bumper today and went with black

IMG_20160206_141812_876.jpg

IMG_20160206_162312_972.jpg

I would love to see some interior pics. Your heater outlet is forward of mine. Way forward. Wondering where everything is set up inside. Is your furnace under your closet?

The black looks good. My bumper is starting to show some rust. I might do the black thing too

Linda S

On 2/7/2016 at 8:56 PM, linda s said:

I would love to see some interior pics. Your heater outlet is forward of mine. Way forward. Wondering where everything is set up inside. Is your furnace under your closet?

The black looks good. My bumper is starting to show some rust. I might do the black thing too

Linda S

yes the furnace is under the closet. I wonder how many variations of layouts they had for these?

sunrader%20004.jpg

sunrader%20001.jpg

sunrader%20003.jpgsunrader%20005.jpg

Had some new decals made for the front and rear of the camper. Put the rear one on today, haven't gotten to the front one yet.

before

20160216_135704.jpg

after

20160216_141018.jpg