Removing Ac?

Debbit

I've thought often about removing the AC from the top of our sunrader, and replacing with a fan/skylight like a fantastic fan. . Pros being, cleaner look, less weight on the roof, ability to move air on 12 volt. And LIGHT. In the dark, narrow kitchen area. We seldom use AC and I think for the few times we need AC, we could haul along one of those in room AC units that vent out the window. (We have an LG, I'm going to try it)

Cons would be, resale value and convenience of AC already installed.

So I would love to know if those who have removed AC have regrets, or are glad they did.

Between my lady and my dogs, and living in the hot valley, I use my A/C quite a bit.

Even on the days when it is only in the mid-90's (cool summer days) the temperature inside gets above 100 degrees. If I am going to take the dogs for a ride, I can pre-cool the inside to the mid-70's, and it will stay comfortable for Bella and Murphy for a long time.

I just replaced the A/C this year after the old one lost it's charge.

I have no AC is the house, of course we live in the Pacific Northwest. However there are days when it gets stuffy so the family migrates out to the toy for some cool air and music.

We don't use it that often but when we do...

I live in the Pacific northwest also Yakima eastern Washington its not like the west side our average days from june til three days ago was 107to 110 to 88 three days ago. three months of day after day 100 plus. if you go anywhere over here not in the mtns you will need it. don't know anybody here wants one without. and if you go south of here tricites Richland pasco I was in the KOA in pasco one year was 114 the official high . you would not make it whithout. BUT I don't use it in the moutains. And yes I have AC in my house this area is like high desert 6 inches rain average a year.

I suppose I'd have to say the same. My husband thinks we should leave it. Hmm, maybe a second skylight would help brighten it up.

I personally would not put in a second skylight unless you added additional beams right next to the opening. Every large hole makes the roof structure weaker on a Sunrader. You don't want to add saggy roof issues to your list of problems :(

Don't you have roof beams Debbit? I think I remember you were one of the lucky ones who got them even though your rig is an 86. I wouldn't worry about adding another roof vent. Regular vent weighs almost nothing and certainly isn't going to make your roof sag. Some Sunraders came stock with 2 roof vents and an air conditioner and I have yet to see one with a caved in roof. especially the ones who have any roof beams at all. Full sized Sunraders with roof beams usually have 2 anyway. Only the shorties got one

Linda S