KYB Shocks? Are they as good as Bilstein like Les says they are?

I did a search for KYB brand here on the forum and came up empty. Getting new shocks for my home and Les says they have no Bilstein in stock from their current suppliers. They siad KYB are equal to Bilstein, is this true?

Yes they are very good. Mine are at least 10 years old and just starting to feel a little weaker. They were on it when I got it 8 1/2 years ago so they could be older. I put them through hell on the worst roads I can find. KYB has a Monomax shock very simliar to the Bilstein but I think they only have those for the front of our rigs. When I replace I will use those on the front and gas-adjust on the back. Make sure your getting the best price. Check Shockwarehouse online first. There is a promotional code you can enter toyota5 or 5 toyota to get another 5% off.

Linda S

Yes they are very good. Mine are at least 10 years old and just starting to feel a little weaker. They were on it when I got it 8 1/2 years ago so they could be older. I put them through hell on the worst roads I can find. KYB has a Monomax shock very simliar to the Bilstein but I think they only have those for the front of our rigs. When I replace I will use those on the front and gas-adjust on the back. Make sure your getting the best price. Check Shockwarehouse online first. There is a promotional code you can enter toyota5 or 5 toyota to get another 5% off.

Linda S

See. Told you so. Hope you don't mind being called 'Advocate'! I'll wash my mouth out with soap. :)

No no no... Bilsteins all the way.

they are cheaper at the link below anyway and are always in stock.

http://www.eshocks.com/bil_mod.asp?Make_Index=6Q3&SubChar=Q&Manf=All

I just did a shock job on my 1998 Mercedes Benz e300 turbo diesel.

It had Bilsteins factory; guess what; they were still 95% strength after 14 years and no rust.

I still put the new set on just because I like 100% and am an overachiever.

it was a total waste of money though; the originals were great.

In fact the first thing I do when "browsing" ebay or craigs toy homes is look for yellow and blue underneath. Shows the owners not afraid of quality.

:-)

Bilsteins are the very best .... But KYB's are still very good and would be my choice in all but extreme use, especially if your pocket book is a little thin.

Current pricing is $253 vs 193

Both KYB and Bilstein list different shocks for the MH vs pickup

I had kyb gas adjust in my 79 dolphin brand new. They were replacing the oem tokico.

And my 85 has old bilsteins. Way better. The gas adjusts were already floaty brand new.

I admit though I ordered them myself. I never found one for the toyhome only the truck.

I will direect link the gas a justs I had that did not meet my expectations. I got them from amazon.

On the other hand my bilsteins are old and rusty but working so much better.

Rears work better than the gabriel air shocks too that were oem on my old dolphin.

I'm glad I have real bilsteins and air springs so much more stable

This place is selling 1984 Toyota Mini Motorhomes Bilsteins for rears at $70.95 each and $62.95 for fronts. Are these the ones you all are conversing about?

http://www.allshocks...n/html/home.asp

Guaranteed FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $250, and lowest price!

available_shocks_title.gif

Bilstein Shocks for a 1984 TOYOTA Mini Motorhome:

Bilstein Heavy Duty (HD) Shocks - Recommended shock for most applications, designed to work with the springs that came with your vehicle. These shocks provide improved handling and stability without sacrificing ride comfort.

B46-0258sm.jpg B46-0258-H1 (REAR RIGHT&LEFT) $135.00 $70.95 Motorhome Chassis

b46-1772sm.jpg B46-1772-H1 (FRONT RIGHT&LEFT) $130.00 $62.95 Motorhome Chassis

Picking the right shock can be confusing, contact us at info@AllShocks.com for help and assistance. If you need to know your production date, generally it can be found on a sticker on the driver's doorframe.

Note: If the shocks you are looking for are not listed please e-mail us at info@AllShocks.com for further information. Some vehicles use different shocks depending on a number of criteria so it is easier for you to work with us to help you make your choice. Additionally, we are continually adding new product lines so check back regularly.

yes those are what I have.

bilstein hds.

260 a set.

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o04_s00_i00

this is what I ordered, gas a just monotube. Not the same class at all

only the front shocks. very cheap though as you see. definitely for the truck only, if they had ones for the motorhome that was my mistake.

the ones i took out were for the truck too.

yes those are what I have.

bilstein hds.

260 a set.

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o04_s00_i00

this is what I ordered, gas a just monotube. Not the same class at all

only the front shocks. very cheap though as you see. definitely for the truck only, if they had ones for the motorhome that was my mistake.

the ones i took out were for the truck too.

These seem to be rated heavier duty than the ones you have provided, and no doubt what I am gonna put on mine. I will have to check as they state for an 84 and mine is an 83. My fronts are good, so I might as well spend the money for these. Thanks all for the direction to Bilstein.

Im not sure which youre talking about.

i think if kyb has shocks for a toy home, they are in the monomax line

I never found them listed anywhere.

To help concerning Bilstein, I copied and pasted the page from Allshocks.com that was given in my reply above, where they list the shocks as Bilstein Shocks for 1984 TOYOTA Mini Motorhome. As you stated, I have yet to discover a chart for KYB

If you go here: http://www.docstoc.c...00%&height=100% it will have a Bilstein Shock Asorber referance chart in a scroll down window where near the bottom it gives Motorhome Chassis Shocks, and Toyota Micro-Mini listed as the B46-0258-H1 shocks for the rear and the B46-1772 shocks for the front as I have given. They say for 1984 thru 1995 and seem to be still available many places. Now there is a place that you know of that lists Bilstein motorhome shocks for the Toyota :^)

Bilstein no longer makes the front shock for the 79 Toy.

For the 1985 PU the KYB, Gas a Just, shock is, front KG 4752, rear KG 4012. If you dig into KYB site the KG4012 says "exc 1 ton"

For the 1985 ToyMH the KYB, Gas a Just Shock is, front KG 5458, rear KG 5438R. These come up as Toy MH, not 1 ton

ya in my case its sort of apples and oranges however the weight is exactly the same

the kybs in a 79 not working. Gabriel air shocks fully inflated, mediocre although they do raise the height well.

comparing brand new to obviously older bilsteins hds.

the bilstein hds in an 85 work great. front and back