Hi! Only thing so far I've found in handling is that on sharp right turns get popping creaking noise in front end. Have a friend whose car did this & she was told it was because car sat for 5 yrs in garage of survivng spuose & some lines stiffened up, they have never recommended fixing it. Any ideas what this could be before I take to shop for overall checkup, would like a heads up before go as some mechanics think women are a free ride for any costly repair they want to do! Please advise. Thx, TerrieO

Terrieo i dont know if you have had other toyotas i dont knowabout others on here in my family we have had 7 toyotas my son 2 1977 to 1994 we refer to that hereas the toyota sound out in my yard i heard toyota pickup turn in a driveway and new what it was not looking when the wheels are all the way over the supension rubes my wagen 3 pickups and moterhome all had same thing sons pu and fourrunner same also good to have checup but i can still here my station wagen pulling in the yard in my mind my 19884wd pu still hear it today

If it is only at the end of a full turn. There are some plastic stops that may need to be replaced. They fit over a finger size projection on each side.

Only a few dollars at the dealer.

Terrieo i dont know if you have had other toyotas i dont knowabout others on here in my family we have had 7 toyotas my son 2 1977 to 1994 we refer to that hereas the toyota sound out in my yard i heard toyota pickup turn in a driveway and new what it was not looking when the wheels are all the way over the supension rubes my wagen 3 pickups and moterhome all had same thing sons pu and fourrunner same also good to have checup but i can still here my station wagen pulling in the yard in my mind my 19884wd pu still hear it today

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Only thing so far I've found in handling is that on sharp right turns get popping creaking noise in front end. Have a friend whose car did this & she was told it was because car sat for 5 yrs in garage of survivng spuose & some lines stiffened up, they have never recommended fixing it. Any ideas what this could be before I take to shop for overall checkup, would like a heads up before go as some mechanics think women are a free ride for any costly repair they want to do! Please advise. Thx, TerrieO

Your Toy has turning limit bolts that are adjustable and prevent the truck from turning too far. It is easy to bend them and break them off when you turn sharp and hit a bump. When it is broken, you get that creaking, popping noise because your wheels are allowed to crank around too far. The bolts are easy to replace, once you find them. On my brother's '91 Sea Breeze 900, both were broken; on my '92 Winnebago Warrior, one was broken and the other was bent. Because the bent one was still in place, it was pretty easy to find. With both broken, if you don't know what you are looking for, it may take you a while to find what you are looking for.

When I replaced ours, I just guessed at the adjustment, based on measuring the bent one I still had. Now, I can't turn as sharp, but no nasty noises!

• 2 weeks later...

My 87 has had that sound since I bought it March 2010. I'm glad somebody else was smart enough to ask about it. Mine is usually turning right but it has done it once or twice turning left.

Autohauz list them for $5. They have regular pickup and extended cab, but list the same part number. I am assuming you need two? Regular cab or extended? The guy above said the dealer said the part is motorhome specific? BS?

Thanks