METAL MOULDING?

SCRIPAL

I would like to replace the metal strips (moulding?) if possible, on both sides of the rear of my Dolphin.  I would like to splice them in beginning at the roof top and extending down to where each ends just below the bumper.  Is this possible? and, if so, where can I buy it.  thanks

19 minutes ago, scripalbert@gmail.com said:

I would like to replace the metal strips (moulding?) if possible, on both sides of the rear of my Dolphin.  I would like to splice them in beginning at the roof top and extending down to where each ends just below the bumper.  Is this possible? and, if so, where can I buy it.  thanks

I don't know exactly what sort of trim you need. I  buy odd-ball RV trim from this place.  You can download their catalog that has lots of good photos.

Image7.jpg

53 minutes ago, jdemaris said:

I don't know exactly what sort of trim you need. I  buy odd-ball RV trim from this place.  You can download their catalog that has lots of good photos.

Image7.jpg

Nice! I spent a couple of hours yesterday, with the nice folks at  Rose City RV, which do fixes to complete restoration. I was looking for places to order parts online.

B

something like this maybe?   http://www.prvparts.com/rv-trim-molding-s/2451.htm?searching=Y&sort=7&cat=2451&show=60&page=2rp

there are several wholesale/retail surplus rv parts places in Elkhart IN

Edited by DanAatTheCape

There are tons of online places where you can buy new corner molding. Just measure the side with no insert trim and match it. The problem I see with replacing it is that you've got a distinct bend just above where your tail lights are and bending the metal trim might be an issue. If not done properly it will buckle and not be good

Linda S