Kind of an odd scam-ad

zero

If bothering to try to scam people - why the "parts only" for title and "unknown" for engine?   And what the heck is a "Toye?"

Interesting and pretty flimsy looking generator mount in back.   Maybe someone on this forum exactly owns it?  The "seller" goes by the name Angela Shelly.

winnetoyoscam.jpg

third world, english not so practical.....      they never give up.   I wonder how much data do they actually gather trolling for suckers. 

Edited by DanAatTheCape

they use odd prices because if they change the price by a dollar craigslist can't catch it on their repeat ad finder and refuse to post it. The picture of this RV has been used for at least a couple of years in these scam ads

10 hours ago, linda s said:

they use odd prices because if they change the price by a dollar craigslist can't catch it on their repeat ad finder and refuse to post it. The picture of this RV has been used for at least a couple of years in these scam ads

I amazes me that these scammers are able to keep getting their ads up on Craigslist.  I've been flagged twice by Craigslist and both times - I was never able to post again under that account.  I was not even scamming anyone. I had a parts tractor for sale and somebody complained it was not worth what I was asking and insisted I lower the price. I said "no" and a day later, I was flagged. After that, ever ad I put up for anything got deleted an hour after I posted it.   The fix was to open up a new account with different Internet ID numbers.

I don't know how they do it either. At times we have had the whole group flagging scam ads for Toyota's and the ads still didn't come down. but I have been flagged in one day for offering a free entertainment center.

Linda S

• 2 weeks later...