Rather than starting a few threads in different sections, I figured it might be best to combine them in one, so here it goes...

This is an '87 Dolphin 900.

What can be done about condensation? I get so much building up on the windows, especially the overcab bunk, that the bottom gets wet. It doesn't help that the cats prefer it up there, so the space is occupied 24/7.

I bought some 5 mil "Crystal Clear Vinyl Sheeting" to cover the windows with, but don't know if that will do enough, plus the cats will probably shread it.

Next, my bathroom fan is dead. Who came up with the bright idea of putting the interior trim of the overhead vents inside of the screen, so it has to be removed before the screen can be removed, and then the fan wiring goes through the screen frame!

My fridge is a freezer. It barely works on gas, and freezes on 120v. Will a new t-stat take care of that?

And if I replace the fridge, how the hell does it exit the coach?!?!

I want to add a microwave with range vent. Does anyone know if the wiring for the optional microwave is there, so I just need to connect it and add the breaker?

The couch is supposed to convert to a bed, right? I must be missing something, as I have nothing to hold the "mattress" when pulling it out.

What is the 12v "cigarette lighter" plug under the upper cabinet above the fridge for?

I think that's it for now...

post-5442-0-18980300-1449460653_thumb.jp

post-5442-0-98385500-1449460689_thumb.jp

post-5442-0-97896900-1449460750_thumb.jp

I use the 12 volt to charge a cell phone. back in the day there were 12 volt powered tv set s. as for the bath fan I relocated my switch into a wall mount black radio shack project box. the gas cook stove will make a lot of condension. yes I see you have the coax plug for the antana . as for removing a frige people on here have said take out the right front seat. and go through the cab I have not done that job. I have a 87 dolphin 400. the only micro I know of came with these new I have the book it was a magic chef and set on top of the refrigerator. and plug in the 120 plug next to tv plug .do you have a working stove hood should be used when cooking. and you can by just the motor for the bath fan. I replaced the fan blade in myn. the couch does not have a mattress the back of the couch swung down and out . I just use foam and a sleeping bag . but I am not living in myn full time.

there is a multi layer bubble wrap type insulation silver on one side I think . some one here will recall the name of it I don't. may be a little better .

Ahh - 12v TV would make sense. I guess I have no need for it then. I'll leave it alone for now. I have a "Leaf 50" http://store.gomohu.com/the-leaf-ultimate-hdtv-antenna.html indoor antenna that picks up about all of the locally available broadcast stations, so don't need the TV jack, unless I'm somewhere that offers cable.

I haven't checked the fan yet, so haven't verified why it's not working, although I'd assume it's the fan motor. I'm considering a fantastic fan anyway, but I won't need it for better than three months. Apparently, the PO pulled the A/C unit out, and put in a vent instead. I'll relocate that vent to one of the factory vents though, as its screen snaps in and out!

I have yet to use the stove or oven. I only use a microwave, as I'm now a single, empty nester, so that's not a cause of condensation. All I can figure is the cats, dog (see the "pets" thread) and myself breathing and the heating is causing it. I just wish there was some way to "drain" the condensation from the windows.

And again, I haven't been cooking (yet), so don't need the vent, and have tape covering it to stop cold air from coming in.

In the 900 series, the optional microwave was installed above the stove (per the wiring diagram), and I assume it had a fan, although that is irrelevant at this point. I'm just hoping that the factory wiring for the option is there for me to use.

I have a 12 volt TV and use it all the time. Not that old either.

Microwave weighs too much to have it part of stove vent. Just put it on the top of the fridge. There is a fastening system to hold them in place when moving that works very well. Can't find an example now

best way to deal with condensation is to remove the water with a dehumidifier. There are a few 12 volt ones that pull a fair amount out. This one can pull out a liter and a half which is a lot and it has a 12 volt plug. You'll be glad you've got that darn plug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-quiet-electric-mini-dehumidifier-auto-humidistat-room-in-car-moisture-/252164061656?hash=item3ab62639d8:g:QZUAAOSwiwVWSU0y

Linda S

I did not know if they still made them . I think they are a good deal.

If you think about it all LCD TV's have a converter box on the cord. That box changes to voltage from 110 to some lower value. My computer runs on 19 volts. Some TV's that don't even advertise being 12 volts if you look at that little box you will find that is exactly what they are. TV in my room at home is really a 12 volt TV. My girlfriend Gail bought the same deal I got but put it right in her Winnebago. Just had to hit Radio Shack for a compatible 12 volt cord with the cigarette plug

Linda S

very good point, Linda. lots of stuff is like this now; ya just need to check the output voltage on the wallwart or transformer. I was able to convert some intended-for-home-use 110VAC LED track lights for 12V use by simply cutting out the transformer.

Most of the new smaller LED TVs are 19vdc from the converter. There many DC to DC converters on Ebay, these will convert 12vdc to 19vdc.

thanks for updating an out of date old guy . I have a 13 inch wards 1986 in my bedroom. the old 2 tuner type still works great. with a converter box. but not 12 volt LOL.