Camper Kitties

GypsyWindTraveler

I was just curious as too others experiences living in Campers with a kitty.

Me and my girlfriend have a 3 month old kitty that has been living in the RV with us for the last 2 months.

She loves it!.. she chases all the jingly hanging objects, and every shadow and shine catches her attention and sends her off running again. I guess shes a gypsy kitty at heart hehe... always distracted by the shinnys ;)

has anyone here ever had kittens on there RV? I mean as in birthed them.

Now that must be an interesting experience.

-=^..^=-

I don't think our kitties would like living in the RV. The dog does not really like it either. When my wife an I got out of college we were homeless for about a month and lived in the truck. The kittes have never forgiven us. We were usually camping or staying with family. they like there own space but are pretty spoiled.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they're not kittens but their look says it all. Now I also have my girlfriend's Pit Bull in the MH.post-332-1200806429_thumb.jpg

post-332-1200806510_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

You haven't lived until you have camped with a young Great Dane in a Toy Home! It is amazing just how much space a Great Dane can take up.

• 1 month later...
You haven't lived until you have camped with a young Great Dane in a Toy Home! It is amazing just how much space a Great Dane can take up.

How about a Chow/Rott mix that is scared to death of thunderstorms. Wife and I were at William Holland in N. Georgia when a serious thunderstorm rolled in. She pretty much trashed the poor Toy.

How about a Chow/Rott mix that is scared to death of thunderstorms. Wife and I were at William Holland in N. Georgia when a serious thunderstorm rolled in. She pretty much trashed the poor Toy.

Ouch!

• 7 months later...

I'm not sure if "Katz" is happy to be camping or not but he sure is a veteran @ 80000 miles. I would love to have a cat accompany me on my Toy trips. I would guess that I should start with a kitten, as cats don't normally like car rides. Also, teaching your kittie to accept the collar and leash would be essential.

:ThumbUp: Tudy

Katz has traveled roughly 80,000Mi and spent some800 nights in Old Dolphin and Ms Dolphin.

Lew

• 2 months later...

nice pics!

We dragged our 20yr old Siamese cat on a 2 month campout on the peninsula one year. The K-rats seemed to stay away from our cupboards that year. The biggest issue was having to be careful not to let him out too early due to all the coyotes lurking in the shadows. Vultures and other big birds always seemed to be hovering above our camp more often as well. Small pets are great if you want to see more wildlife around your camp. :)

nice pics!

We dragged our 20yr old Siamese cat on a 2 month campout on the peninsula one year. The K-rats seemed to stay away from our cupboards that year. The biggest issue was having to be careful not to let him out too early due to all the coyotes lurking in the shadows. Vultures and other big birds always seemed to be hovering above our camp more often as well. Small pets are great if you want to see more wildlife around your camp. :)

We plan on dragging our 10 year old torti on her maiden voyage this spring. We're quite anxious about it because she's a very skiddish cat. I'm hoping that her attachment to me will be enough to get her used to her new digs. Do you let your cat go out of the RV?

There's a mention of 'nice pics' on your posting. How do I get to see them.

Christine

• 3 weeks later...

We plan on dragging our 10 year old torti on her maiden voyage this spring. We're quite anxious about it because she's a very skiddish cat. I'm hoping that her attachment to me will be enough to get her used to her new digs. Do you let your cat go out of the RV?

There's a mention of 'nice pics' on your posting. How do I get to see them.

Christine

The third and fourth posts on this thread have pics. Two on third and click on "katz" on the fourth. Cute pics!

Tudy

84 Dolphin