Still Have Moisture In Fridg.

Bigdog

I'll risk sounding sheepish saying this but I had the same problem when my camper was new to me because I failed to really look inside at what was going on... there was a set of aluminum fins that get cold and chill the fridge and directly under them a bin that can be hard to see. the bin collects melt water from the freeze and sweat from the fins... it will fill with water and if not emptied it itself evaporates back into the fridge causing the dreaded fridge moisture problem as well as a stank.

No suction, doesn't seem to be as tight as old gasket. moisture is all over, even on front of freezer door,

mounting tape is starting to release.

Also noticed that there is no temperature change in frig or freezer when thermostat setting is turned from 4 to max?

freezer is cold enough to make ice cubes.

• 4 weeks later...

Veggies release water vapor. Opening the fridge door on a humid day allows water vapor to enter. That's why, if you have a freezer, it needs to be defrosted periodically. On our boat, cruising in hot, humid weather especially in Central America, we had to defrost the freezer every couple of weeks to keep the fridge cooling properly.

In our RV, our well-sealed small converted chest freezer fridge needs to be mopped out every few weeks - and we don't replace nearly the amount of air with every door opening that a standard vertical door fridge does.