Maintenance.....it's Been 10 Years, But Only 30,000 Miles

What's your opinion? I bought my 6V 94 Warrior in Jan of 2013, it had 55K on it and had been stored under cover in central Florida and sat for 8 years. The head gasket, timing belt, valve adjustment, etc (lots of etc) had just been done and then they parked it. I have the paperwork. All done by a Toy Dealership. My question is...... shouldn't the timing belt be changed every 10 years irregardless of how many miles on it? I've put 30K on it.......should I do the usually 60K maintenance? Valve adjustment, water pump, hoses and belts? And what about the spark plugs and wires? Anything else? I put new tires on it right away and recently replaced the fuel tank due to interior rust.

No one has an opinion on this question? Darn! Well, I am writing to the nearby Toyota Dealership and see what they say.

If the head gaskets have been done then you are really only due for a normal service as more than likely all of that was done when the head gaskets were because it pretty much has to have all that stuff apart to do the gaskets. I would not change my own timing belt because of age mileage yes others might.

I was watching the thread. I am in a similar situation. Low mileage timing belt of unknown age, likely over 14 years old. I will have the radiator and condenser out so will replace the belt.

My 93 Sea Breeze V6 is a non interference engine. Meaning the pistons will not hit the valves and do lots of damage if the belt breaks.

Jim SW FL

Yes, the head gasket was done 10 years ago at 55K. Along with adjustment of valves, etc.

No one has an opinion on this question? Darn! Well, I am writing to the nearby Toyota Dealership and see what they say

It is a 3 day holiday weekend at the start of the camping season and the forum members are doing what they bought their Toyhomes for. Be patient, they will be back...sooner or later.

I did not go camping even though I have a new sunrader, too many honey do list items to complete this weekend.

1. If it sat for that long, the oil is probably sludged up a little. change oil and check and change again soon few time if black floaters are present in oil

2. Change all fluids and gear oils

3. inspect all rubber hoses

4. empty gas tank and put in fresh gas with injector cleaner/sea foam and run the heck out of the engine. Change fuel filter after a few tanks.

5. check air intake and other spots for rats/mice nest

6. exhaust is probably corroded from standing moisture, check for exhaust leaks.

in all, your fuel system is the biggest worry, I would not worry about the timing belt, the 3vzfe is a NON-Interference engine breaking the belt will not harm the engine.

you can take the top timing belt cover off with out having to do a lot of stuff (still a job mind you) and inspect timing belt.

that is a lot of sitting - I would make the call based on the condition of the rubber components that you can easily see. If they are rotten then....

another indicator would be the condition of the metal - if the unit was kept out of direct sun you may find that things are in better shape than the elapsed time might suggest.