Jacking Up Dual Wheels

shibs

I have some rhino ramps that I use for the single rear wheel cars/trucks.

I guess I can use the rhino ramps for the front wheels on the toyo but what about lifting up the rear dual wheel?

I am thinking of making an wooden ramp out of 10x2s

say

20 inch wide

6 inch tall

about 24 inches long.

This will be dual use, once I am done servicing the rear diffy, I want to use these to tilt the camper to drain any standing water pooling around the rear seam edge.

Can anyone tell me that width of the dual rear wheels pls.

Thanks,

This is what I made years ago for leveling up. I cut four pieces of plywood 8" wide, staggered the length so it made a step up and glued and screwed. The 2x6 block under the thick end gives me another 1 3/4" height when I need it. This is what I pack around for leveling. Only one of the rear wheels is supported when leveling. Never have a problem.

post-1172-0-56612700-1432068922_thumb.jp

I am thinking of making an wooden ramp out of 10x2s

say

20 inch wide

6 inch tall

about 24 inches long.

This will be dual use, once I am done servicing the rear diffy, I want to use these to tilt the camper to drain any standing water pooling around the rear seam edge.

Can anyone tell me that width of the dual rear wheels pls.

Thanks,

You just put two pairs of the blocks under the wheels side by side as shown in this photo

59_1.jpg.thumb_popupprod_info_250x141_d8

no foolies here, 1 ton axle.

not sure if want my chunky derriere under the toyo on my Rhinos on the back ;-).

The ground at the storage space is not concrete but loose recycled asphalt, so something wide and stable.

I took a peek and I can't reach the diffy due to the rear tire frame and the storage tanks. So I have to raise it min 6 inches.

You just put two pairs of the blocks under the wheels side by side as shown in this photo

59_1.jpg.thumb_popupprod_info_250x141_d8

how high is each block?

I like that but I am thinking a little bit longer top surface to add stops for the tires.

how high is each block?

I like that but I am thinking a little bit longer top surface to add stops for the tires.

They go together like Legos, You can make the sections as long as you want with more blocks and even create stops at the end if you want to do that. Some versions do have a stop block option.

There are a number of companies making these systems. But lumber is a lot less expensive although heavier. Of course it is firewood in an emergency!

i carry 2 stacks of those great lynx levelers some wood blocks and 4 small bottle jacks

I used those plastic drive on ramps to level the camper when I parked they are plenty strong they are rated 6000# per ramp.