Where Are The Nipples On My 90 Winni?

shibs

Yeah, my 91 Winnie has the valves sitting, conveniently, right on top of the bumper. They shouldn't be hard to track down though, if you crawl under there and look at the bags...

ok I spend a lot of time on my hands and knees looking for the air bag inflation thingy,

nothing on my bumper, I look under and I don't think I have any air bags in my 90 winni :help:

Just follow the lines away from the air-bags. If all is intact - there will be either one, or two Schrader-valves on the other end or ends. All depends on how it was done. One Schrader valve shared by both bags, or each bag having its own.

Here's what mine look like on my 1988 Minicruiser. "A" goes to both the air-shocks, "B" goes to the left-side air-bag, and "C" goes to the right-side air-bag.

post-6578-0-49325400-1431125693_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-15571800-1431125695_thumb.jp

Take a picture. Should be mounted between your leaf springs and the frame near the axle but not necessarily right over it

Linda

yes ma'am, posting pics in a few, could not get good view from the front pass or driver side due to the storage boxes and steps obstructing line of sight.

Here's what mine look like on my 1988 Minicruiser. "A" goes to both the air-shocks, "B" goes to the left-side air-bag, and "C" goes to the right-side air-bag.

JDE, Thanks for the pics, that helps, but I don't have any air valves on the bumper pic coming in a few, need to resize them.

yes maam, posting pics in a few, could not get good view from the front pass or driver side due to the storage boxes and steps obstructing line of sight.

Stick your head behind the rear wheel and lookup and forward. If there you should see them just above the springs

Linda S

• 4 weeks later...

if you can't find the airbags with your eyes maybe you are going to need some help. Airbags MUST be between the axle and frame somewhere - and almost always near the rear leaf springs. On a Winnie warrior they used 3-t's brand. They are mounted on your leaf springs - if you look there, and find them, it should be easy to follow the air lines - small tubes, usually plastic. Std mounting on a warrior is in drivers side wheel, leading side - up.

Hmm, maybe they were removed at some point? How does it feel back there, driving around?

I strongly suspect that many Winnebagos (if not all?) left the factory with no air springs installed. That would/could explain why some are fitted with 3Ts, some with Airlift and maybe some with Firestone. Also some with the fillers on the rear bumper, some on the side and some with them tucked out of sight in the rear fender. Sounds like a Dealer option or a retrofit to me.

I strongly suspect that many Winnebagos (if not all?) left the factory with no air springs installed. That would/could explain why some are fitted with 3Ts, some with Airlift and maybe some with Firestone. Also some with the fillers on the rear bumper, some on the side and some with them tucked out of sight in the rear fender. Sounds like a Dealer option or a retrofit to me.

In the winni brochure they have an auto air option.

Look at the 2nd pic, you are correct, looks like a bump stop there.

well looks like I buy fine air bag that JDFrost has for sale.