Newbee Needs Help

milansebastian

Hi newbee here not in to electrics I wonder if somebody can help me I was running my onan microlite generator when i open the remote switch because the hour meter wasnt moving when the wires hooked to the hour meter touched each other sparks came out and the generator die i found a blown fuse by the converer replaced it but still generator wont start from inside of rv nor directly from the unit i also discover my H2O pump wont work dont know if is related can someone please tell me what could be wrong thank you and i appreciate your help.

Look for another set of fuses next to your power converter.

May also be some fuses installed inline on your battery cables.

A multimeter will help you trace whether power is running from point to point.

I don't have a generator, but spent hours tracking down a blown fuse in the past. On your circuit breaker box, check to see if you have a small panel/door on it, about 3 x 6 inches (maybe secured by a single bolt). Mine had three in-line fuses in it, in which one of my was blown.

Also, there is a fuse box under the hood (engine area), and in the cab under the dash (can't recall if on passenger or driver side).

Dennis...

Remove the cover plate on your genset. There are two 5A fuses to the left of the start switch.

Twist to remove. They are glass fuses. One is for the electronics the other the fuel pump.

You also have a 25A circuit breaker(120V) for your main output.