Possible Loss Of Engine Power, Mass Air Flow Sensor, Tps?

Wife drove our 92 Toy Winnie up a large grade and said was losing top end power around 50 mph. When we got to the campsite I restarted the RV to back into space and noticed a quick drop in power with power steering loss and a squeel then immediately ran normal. After camping two days I drove the RV down the grade and then back up again to check power. She ran perfectly, full power uphill, occasional downshift around 45mph at the steepest part, then 75mph on the straight away. We had the entire top end rebuilt by the Toyota dealer 4 years ago including intake and exhaust valves and all gaskets , belts and hoses. What are your thoughts? Temporary hic up? I could not duplicate the power loss my wife stated she had and it is running very strong. Thank you for looking.

Ken

92 Toy Winnie

79,000 miles

Only use Chevron gas and is driven monthly for 30min to two hours at a time

complete top end rebuild by dealer at 69,000 miles

Edited by Kensandiego

squeal could be power steering pump or even just the power steering belt

From what I've been told it's a REALLY bad idea to touch the MAS with anything, like a finger, rag, etc. There are some solvents that are ok to use to clean it but I don't take any chances and got a can of MAS cleaner at the autoparts store.
john

No codes? A Toy home doing 75 is pretty good not much wrong there!

From what I've been told it's a REALLY bad idea to touch the MAS with anything, like a finger, rag, etc. There are some solvents that are ok to use to clean it but I don't take any chances and got a can of MAS cleaner at the autoparts store.
john

His is a trap door sensor no hot wire don't believe they came along till 96 on the Toyotas.

Thank you all, like I said it happened when my wife was driving and I was in another vehicle. I drove down the grade and 20 minutes up again to test the power and it was normal. On the straight away I had it at half a gas pedal going 75mph and could easily have hit 85 if I didn't value my life with the floating, lol. Ever since the dealer rebuilt the top end it has been a power beast. The power steering thing only happened once and it was when turning the wheel hard right after starting the engine and I got a momentary hard wheel and squeel, so maybe I didn't give it time to power the steering.

Most likely some water in the bottom of the tank got into the fuel pump inlet. Another possibility is that winter blend gasoline is prone to vaporizing. Due to the grade, your engine compartment may have been hotter than normal.

There are other reasons for power loss such as plugs, wires, rotor, cap, coil, etc.

Do a visual inspection.

If the power loss becomes intermittent, the fuel pump might need replacing.