Recently I was told that there are 2 versions of the v6 that were used in toyota trucks/campers. Can someone confirm and or explain this? I was told that only one version had the head problem?

Thanks

Kahuna in Kanada

When they were made

I got the vin # from the guy selling the camper and ran it on the toyota site. Basically it said bring the car to toyota because the head gaskets are bad. So i then go to my local toyota dealer, they can't even run the vin. They say it's a US car. Hmmmmm

Sounds weird they can't handle your VIN since they're 'universal' in North America.

Boots recently got satisfaction from Toyota Canada with his head gasket. If he doesn't jump in to the conversation, maybe send him a PM.

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6981&page=3&hl=%2Bhead+%2Bgasket+%2Bcanada#entry57652

Lets put it this way it would be real nice if they did it for you. Probably in the 1 to 2 thousand dollar range.

"... experienced a head gasket failure and arranged to repair it, the cost was approximately 3300.00. During the time the engine was being repaired, I surfed the internet and found about the warranty from a US site. When the engine was rebuilt, I drove it home, went to my local (Canadian) Toyota dealer, they confirmed that I was eligible for the warranty and ten days later handed me a cheque for the whole amount."

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6762&page=2&hl=canada#entry53966

If you do get it done under the recall, make sure the timing belt and water pump are also replaced and that the valve clearances are adjusted, even if you have to pay for the difference.

Agree with paul toyota standard fitting is 3vze, unless someone has transplanted a different v6.

I purchased the Toyota Warrior, he had the head gasket work already done. He however didn't take it to Toyota for the fix. I made a deal with him that I would pay his asking price, but I would submit the bill for the head gasket work and when Toyota paid it, I got that money...He said "Do it!" So, I paid $9,750 for the Warrior with 32K miles, in perfect condition and I get the money back from Toyota, which is close to 3K...Good deal? I thought it was great!