1978 Newport? More Newbie Questions

Damon

I talked with a gentleman today that has this Toyhome, it looks like the Gypsy I found but a little different. He says the manufacturer decal up on the sleeper says 'Newport". There is a manufacturer plate/decal that he can't make out.

The Newport's I see online are way different and made of fiberglass. He also says it has factory scissor levelers under the back corners and under the cab doors (see pic). Any thoughts?

post-7729-0-16300000-1403380220_thumb.jp

post-7729-0-70190300-1403380242_thumb.jp

post-7729-0-77771200-1403380286_thumb.jp

Looks better than the other on, BUT the big question is the rear axle. 5 bolt with foolies or a real full floater with 6 lugs and duelies

There are a number of obscure manufacturers that no one remembers. There might have been another company calling their campers Newport but it's obviously not the Chinook Newport cause they are all fiberglass. This one has dual wheels in the back and they are not the good ones. Your much better off with single wheels

Linda S

I saw an old one off the highway in Arizona with the cab over but a completely rounded rear end like a canned ham trailer. I have never seen another one like it and I look at thousands of Toyota motorhomes every year. Still wish I had pulled off the highway to look.