Looking For A Source To Buy The Trim For Chinook Pop Top

Donnie

Hi all, I am looking for a source to buy the trim that fits the lower edge of the pop top on my 74 & 78 Chinooks.

I don't know what to call it or I would search....It is not a molding, It just pushes up onto the top and I assume that there is no adhesive needed..It is like a "U" channel;;;;I haven't measured it yet, but need enough to do 2 trucks

Not sure if I am making any sense.................anyone???.................thanks, Donnie

Well here's some. The metal clip inside keeps it in place. Measure carefully. If this doesn't have the right profile, show me a pic and I will find something better.

http://www.grainger.com/category/vinyl-edge-trim/vinyl/raw-materials/ecatalog/N-i00

Lots of Grainger's. There might be one near you where you can look at this stuff

Linda S

Hi all, I am looking for a source to buy the trim that fits the lower edge of the pop top on my 74 & 78 Chinooks.

I don't know what to call it or I would search....It is not a molding, It just pushes up onto the top and I assume that there is no adhesive needed..It is like a "U" channel;;;;I haven't measured it yet, but need enough to do 2 trucks

Not sure if I am making any sense.................anyone???.................thanks, Donnie

It is available through both Marine and Automotive sources. You will want to measure the size of the trim that is on there now (if you have any) and find a suitable match.

Here is a source that carries a wide selection of sizes and colors. You don't of course have to purchase from them. What is useful is the size chart and also they tell you in the first paragraph all the various names this kind of trim is sold as. Keywords like that are all important for communication with sales people to purchase the parts you need. There are a lot of sources for this material and sometimes good closeout bargains are to be found on Ebay in quantities sufficient to do two Chinooks.

http://www.rubberextrusion-cn.com/2-1-pvc-edge-trim-seal.html

Hi Linda & Karen, thank you both for the info. that I requested. I kept drawing a blank when trying to think of what this trim is called.........

I now will be able to source it. The info from both of you is very helpful,............. Donnie