Toilet Leak? Remove Toilet Or No?

This spring I found a leak in the pipe that leads up into the toilet. I have identified the cracked portion but it's pretty far behind the toilet. I am hoping I might be able to replace the part without having to remove the toilet completely from the RV but I'm worried that I might not be able to get behind there.

Does anyone have experience with this? Should I remove the toilet? If so how do I even do that?

Most rv toilets are held in by just 2 bolts. You will also need a new gasket. They are just foam, not the typical wax seal used at home.

By leaning on one side of the toilet you can create a slight tilt that leaves the nut free to turn (usually by fingers), then lean on the other side. Installation is the reverse of this process. My toilet is the Thetford Aquamagic IV and I had to replace the valve last month. Fortunately, the kit includes a new seal as well as the valve. I paid $25 on Amazon.

My toilet is the original 1978 Toyota Odyssey toilet but I have no idea what make or brand that is. It's not like its labeled on the toilet. It looks like I will need to replace the valve but not sure what valve to get....

The valve can be replaced with out removing the toilet. It involves dexterity and a mirror or you can remove the toilet in about 10 mins.rebuild the valve and put it all back together in less than a 1/2 hour. If you have it out it maybe a good time to replace the gaskets for the flush slide too and a good cleaning.

only 2 bolts just remove toilet take off old valve bring to rv shop to match up...

I did mine was real easy plus I was able to give the toilet a real good cleaning..

once you take off toilet you might find model #

JUST DO IT

Steve

I removed the toilet successfully! I was able to patch up the leak but accidentally broke this female coupler. It looks like this. http://www.rvpartscountry.com/RV-Female-Coupling.html . I went to the hardware store and just replaced it with a regular white pvc coupler but, I noticed the generic one just has a straight through hole. The RV female coupler has something inside. Does anyone know whether this affects the system in anyway. I noticed my toilet now just keeps pumping water through, Of course when I turn off the water pump, it stops but if I didn't, I believe the toilet would just want to continue to flush endlessly.

Does anyone know? Otherwise I might have broken something else in the process of fixing it. Thanks!

Not sure on that one.It most likely is a back flow preventer it is the same type of device that is on the shower hose it keeps water from being syphoned back into the fresh water system good ideal to replace it with the proper fitting. If the water keeps flowing there is some thing up with the flush valve but you now how to remove the toilet so it will be an easy job!