Floor Plans

thomas taylor

years ago i owned a toyota sunrader rv.the floor plan was like this.in the rear of the coach was a 52 inch wide bed and next to it was a small but functional bad room. in front of the bed was a kitchen across from the kitchen was some storage and a sofa that dropped in a bed. then in front of the kitchen was the doorway. then either one or two small chairs with a drop down table. i have been looking for this floorplan for years in toyota motorhome hunting a haven't found one, was this floor plan that unusual?

If the bed was 52 inches wide that would have left a whole 23 inches for the bathroom. I wouldn't have been able to get my fat butt in there much less shower. I have never seen this floor plan even on the wider Odyssey's.

Linda S

Never seen one with a rear bed and bath on the same line

That seems like the worst idea the way it works is the bed is as far away from the bathroom as possible.

For smell purposes.

The door is also away from the bed. In your layout that is consistant

It is a rear bed someone tore the front bathroom out and put it in the rear possibly

You know it might even be against rv building codes. California has a few requirements to be a registered rv and the main requirements deal with toilet. Enclosed etc holding tank. Basically a toyhome is at the bottom minimum involved

you are describing a rear dinette, 21 foot Sunrader.

It is not an unusual floor plan among Toy Homes. You just need to use the right keywords to find them.....ie "rear dinette toyota motorhome" add 21' or 21 if you want that bigger version as there are also rear dinette 18' Sunraders around too

I think your right. The toilet is behind the driver and he remembers it in the back

well people the floor was as described it was brand new but a year old model bed might have been 48 inches wide.took that baby on my honeymoon to south carolina.kitchen was on same side as the bed.bought unit at an rv,dealer in barlett illinois.cost of unit back then was 28,000 $ but i traded an older a class rv in on it that brought it down to 20,000$.door was accross from sofa next kitchen wonder if this was some sort of floor model.or special order that didnt get bought,i know the unit sat at this dealership maybe 6 months before i bought it.no wonder why i havent found one like it.bathroom sink was over toilet shower was mounted side ways with long part of shower was along side of coach wish i knew computers better i would draw out the floorplan.thanks for the help peps.i am currantly tryin to find this unit if i could just get the vin number i could find out what happened to it.

So, if I understand, the bed was in the rear on the passenger side, laid out fore & aft? The bathroom was in the rear corner, passenger side? And between the coach door and the back of the passenger seat was a single tub chair? What provision was made for a dining table?

Sunrader did have a reputation for building some units that appear to be one-offs.

I don't suppose you have any pictures of it from your honeymoon?

Yes Yes honeymoon pics please cause now we want to find it too. Placement of doors and windows will tell a story. If they used the shorter kitchen cabinet section from an 18 ft one there might have been room for that rear corner bed. Then use the bathroom section from the rear kitchen model which is a rear corner bath. Sorry I doubted you but after you've seen several thousand Sunraders it's hard to believe you've missed some.

Linda S

hey guys its tom again the once owner of the strange sunrader.to answer a question the dining room table was a table that fit in front of sofa with aluminum table legs that fit into floor and legs and table came apart and slid under sofa.as far as pictures maybe but we were not big on pictures but i will look around even if i found them and werent distroyed by fire or a mad wife i would not not how to post them here.