Looking for my water line drain valves. Help me!

saragreenbear

Hello all, my name is Sara. I'm a proud new owner of a mint condition 1991 Toyota Odyssey! I need a little help. I'm winterizing and have not been able to locate the floor level drain valves that drain thru the floor, to get all the water out of the system. I have looked everywhere. My understanding was they should be located under interior cabinets at floor level but, had not had any luck.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Sara Smith

I looked around to see if I had any photos. Couldn't find any. Mine have what looks like little "T" handles on them. I've heard some have a metal ring.

Try looking under the truck, look for a couple tubes that are sticking thru the floor that don't seem to be connected to anything.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto (For Sale)

I don't have one but I know the basic plan. Your sink and toilet are on the drivers side . Your water tank must be under the rear seat on that side. Look for the fresh water fill tube on the outside. Your water tank is directly behind that on the inside. Now once you find it try to follow water lines. The tank release valve is usually very close to the tank. or between the tank and water heater. Next to the pump. You can find the pump by turning it on and following the sound. Good luck

Linda S

Thanks Linda but I'm looking for interior line valves.

I know but you can locate the tank by the outside fill tube. It's opposite it on the inside. Did you locate your tank and your pump. The valves are usually very close to those. Your tank is hidden somewhere inside like under the seat I mentioned.

Linda

Sara,

I don't know if this will be any help but it might. I have an '85 Dolphin and the line drain valves are inside the compartment where the electrical cord is stored. I have to open the compartment door, pull the cord all the way out and then I can get to the valves (two). They have little pull rings on them. Pull up to open and ,of course, push down to close.

Good Luck...

John

I found them! In a very strange place...in the bottom of the main power access cubby, under the 30ft power cord, in the outside wall. A very awkward spot, to say the least. Small space, so small that one of the chincey valve handles was busted off. Looks like I need to put better valves in, so they don't keep breaking. Anyway, I'm very happy to have found them! Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.