Where is the best place to buy Honda or Yamaha generators?

sdboltdude

looking for the best deal on a 2000 invertor generator

Yamaha or Honda

I like the Yamaha ef2000is the best for the price

A Honda eu2000i would be great to..

google search is based on the money the seller spends on advertising no good deals

ebay has good deals but the sellers have brand new accounts "0" sell's

if anyone knows a good web site please let me know

so far everything is around $950 to $1150

not sure if any around the $800 mark..

I do want a new genset not used

also looking for forum members reviews on the Yamaha ef200is vs Honda eu2000i

thanks

Steve

Craigslist. I would never buy one of these new. Always some in practically new condition on craigslist for 5 to 7 hundred dollars. You could also look at the Smarter Tools 2000wt gen set. Engine is made by yamaha and it can be found pretty cheap

Linda

I heard that a 2000 watt unit will run the a/c units on most of these Toyhouses. Is that correct?

paper work is lost but seller is going to look for it..

with "0" hours I feel better about how it was being used

talking to guy selling generator his dad's bought 2 Yamaha for trailer and passed away

so he is selling his Honda and keeping the other Yamaha..

Good deal Steve. If he never registered it and has the original receipt you might still be able to activate the warranty

Linda S

Called Honda and registered generator all I had to do was give them serial # & told them I bought brand new on ebay no questions at all..

customer service was great and filled out all warranty paper work for me

Good deal Steve. If he never registered it and has the original receipt you might still be able to activate the warranty

Linda S

If you're ever looking for local deals on generators via Craigslist, the issue is when a great one pops up it's typically sold quickly. I've been using NotiCraig. You enter what it is you're looking for, and it alerts you the moment the item you've described is listed locally. http://www.noticraig.com

By the way...I ended up going with a Powerhouse inverter generator. 2,000 watts continuous, CARB compliant and remote start! The last part was what sold me. It's been incredibly reliable so far and is considerably less expensive than the Honda or Yamaha models. http://www.powerhouse-products.com/powerhouse_product/ph2100pri/

I bought mine from wisesales.com over a year ago. I went new (3 year warranty). I paid $900. Don't think they are doing that anymore but worth asking.

Local dealer told me that they could not sell for less than a 1000.

Mine will run my 13500 AC - it grunts & the overload light flashes. I do not run it longer than 30 minutes at that load.

Quite pleased with mine. Between 300-400 hours on it & it still works great. I thought about putting in an onan 2800 but that would have cost 3000 (mounted) & use twice the gas. They also do not have as good as a reputation as a honda.

I considered others - it was worth the extra $$ to know that it was going to work & work quietly.

I transport mine in a locked compartment with a bicycle cable lock which I use to fasten the gen to my bumper when camping.

If you plan to go about 4500 feet get the high altitude jets - easy to change - there are about 3 of them for different bands of elevation.

my ac is a 700btu the Yamaha 2000 runs it almost idle

I can not run microwave and ac/over load kick off about 1min in..

I can run led lights tv and ac in econo mode

so im happy

I had a 2007 Onan microlite 2800 did not want to lose storage or have the vibration and noise

rigger-camper seen my craigslist ad and drove down to picked up onan really nice couple

now have to look for their install of onan under floor mount.

So you didn't waste any time getting a new generator. Sounds like you got a great deal. I have started to clear out the compartment and am getting ready to install the Onan so I will continue your old thread.

So you didn't waste any time getting a new generator. Sounds like you got a great deal. I have started to clear out the compartment and am getting ready to install the Onan so I will continue your old thread.

found a good deal so I jumped on it

glad your keeping post updated cant wait to see..