TIRE PRESSURE

SCRIPAL

I have a 1989 Toyota Dolphin (duals on rear) and noticed during my last outing that the tires looked a little low. Can anyone tell me the correct tire pressure for both front and rear?

As Linda said, thats about what I run. 55 in front 60-65 in rear. ALSO, make sure the air bags have at least 20 lbs. This keeps them from folding in on themselves and pinching.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Well first thing we need to know is do you have the correct tires on it. If so they should say right on the sidewall max pressure 65lbs. Most of us run close to that. I run 50 to 55 in the front and 60 in the rear.

Linda S

I have a '92 Dolphin. I just checked my tires and they say max 50psi (the mh came with these.) So from your answer I have the wrong tires. Can you recommend a good tire? Also for the time being with just bit of local driving, what should the pressure be w/ the max of 50 psi?

Some MHs left the Factory with Load Range C tires fitted as standard. Load Range C tires have a maximum pressure of 50psi & 1600lbs carrying capacity. If that's what you currently have fitted, you'll be fine as long as they're not too old and you keep them at 50psi. When it comes time to buy new tires, Load Range D are available for a few $ more than Load Range C and you'll have a better selection of tires to choose from.

if you have 6 ply (class c) they will max at 50 psi. if you have 8 ply (class D) then they will max at 65 psi. I have a 93 winnie warrior & these came with 6 ply (now called class C). I run class D hankooks on it now. Since class C's are no cheaper (in general) I run the stouter tires.

I run at 65 psi. If the fronts are a little lower that is fine by me.

i keep all of mine at 65. the main duty these tires have is sitting under tremendous weight.

now strangely enough if i were to go on a big road trip id probably deflate the front ones to 55 to absorb some rocks.

IPO;

set them at 50psi. What tires are they, make and model?

john mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

They are Yokohamas. I'm not sure where the model # is, but here are some numbers on the side that hopefully will include the model #. Yokohama super van 356 LT. 185R14 - 6pr. The rest of the numbers are on the side pretty much too small for me to read; had a hard time even seeing the PSI settings.

Those are C range so their MAX is 50 psi. A D range tire is an 8 ply.

Some MHs left the Factory with Load Range C tires fitted as standard. Load Range C tires have a maximum pressure of 50psi & 1600lbs carrying capacity. If that's what you currently have fitted, you'll be fine as long as they're not too old and you keep them at 50psi. When it comes time to buy new tires, Load Range D are available for a few $ more than Load Range C and you'll have a better selection of tires to choose from.

The people I bought it from put on new tires that are 6 ply. Age wise, they have been on there for around 6 years of our ownership but under cover with no sun shining on them. I just found the previous owner paperwork on the tires. It says it's an N rated tire with max speed of 87 mph. They were installed in 2004. I was told they were just installed before purchase but apparently they were on longer. So I guess they've been on for 10 not 6 years.

I checked with a tire place here and was told all 8 ply come from out of country...don't know if that matters. He checked on the price, apparently the lowest and said the tires were Excelera.

Darrel very kindly took a look at my Dolphin. He couldn't see the date the tires were made since it was on the inside of the tire. Just looking at them, they seemed to be OK.

Dolphins usually have a sticker behind the drivers seat that has vin# and tire size and pressure reccomendations.

Ah OK. We looked for this sticker but didn't think to look behind the drivers seat.