RVIA =USA or CSA=Canada ... Please advise

Nicehobbits

Hey folks ...

Just know y'all gona help ey ..

Ok Bonnie the mini Toyota new to us went for her Manitoba (Canada) safety inspection today !! .

Well she is in great shape & passed all things mechanically " very happy " BUT for some anal reason the guy decided he could not find the oval shaped electric/gas compliance sticker/badge ...... Well after me turning up & pointing it out to him ... Arrr found it !!! .. Right by the door !! .. RVIA

He now has decided in the small print of the small print & him making phone calls , he know wants a CSA one instead !! ...

I'm pist big time ....

This is now the 5th rv we have brought to Canada from the US & this is the first time someone has demanded this ! .

Anyone else had this issue .

post-7414-0-04751300-1381278865_thumb.jp

Edited by Nicehobbits

We have 3 outfits in town that to provincial safety's ... I'm not new to the riv & bringing in the odd motor or boat , we are only like 10 miles of the border , for me it's just for fun / hobby .. Get a great deal ey .

It really does just seem the garage I used is a bit of a dink I guess ... I had some work done on my work truck this summer $5k worth at the very same , I guess they just worked themselves out of any more work lol .

Linda you are very right ... I've been reading up a bit on the net & it seems AB is happy for RVIA ..

Derek ..... Ya make me giggle with ya quotes !! ... Keep takin the meds or share mine lol .

But I have ta tell ya Derek I just nearly fell over when he said no can do safety !

Well considering many of the motorhomes we buy here are made in Canada and those companies are slapping on RVIA seals seems hard to fathom why he doesn't think it's good enough. Here are just the ones from Manitoba. Bet over 99% of their sales are to the US

http://www.rvlinks.com/motorhome_manufacturers_canada_manitoba.shtml

Linda S

Hi Corbin ...

It really does seem they make things up as they go along ...

1st was it had no high clearance brake light .. He would let that go !!

2nd it's well over 15 years old .. But in the MB small print hand book it says any motor born after Dec 1989 needs day time running lights ... My toyota on the door says mfd dec 89 lol .. He still wasn't letting it go without .

On the good side my Toyota Is in good shape in the areas that Really need to be

Linda you so so right ..

I've always said ...

Still no known cure for stupid ! .

Maybe il send the old lady in tomoz Corbin ....

I encountered the same Daytime Running Lights problem. Solution? Ran a jumper from a convenient power source under the hood to the headlights. Happened to be the cab heater fan. Result? Had 4 speed headlights!! But it got me through the test and before leaving the inspection parking lot I popped the hood and removed the jumper.

All comments are made without benefit of any meds. 100% organic. :)

Derek ... priceless ! .

I will keep ya posted EY !

A battery drill, a trip to an RV salvage yard and a couple of pop rivets should fix you right up.

WME ... I here ya ... You roll like me ey ...

Just in on ouch hour .. Will update tonight with news

Go to the scrap yard and get one off a wreck or a dead one in some ones back yard they are just screwed on. Polish it up good a show them your "new" sticker.There are some differences in the Canadian laws but I think the MH would pass any way.

Safety is in hand .... The Toyota lives !!