What did Dolphins cost new?

Ashevillian

So I am in the process of buying a 1990 dolphin and getting it insured. for full comprehensive insurance it'll be $125 for 6 months plus another $45 for towing. Does this seem good? It's through State farm.

They want to know what the dolphin cost when it was new? Any ideas about how I could find that out?

Thanks

People are just so lazy nowadays. Insurance companies have access to all of this information. here's NADA guides RV site and the original price. I didn't add any extra options. Most in the list were standard anyway

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/1990/National-RV/M-400-500-_/3007887/Values

Linda S

Price of insurance seems a little high. Make sure they did the figures for recreational vehicle which should be low miles.Might have automatically put in the standard 10,000 miles a year which would increase the ins greatly

ALSO - 3 things.

1) See if they allow you to turn it on and off. We do this with Allstate, no sense in paying for insurance when its sitting in the drive. A quick phone call, and its turned back on again.

2) Check on towing, how far, where to. Is there a mileage limit, may or may not be important, I needed at least 500 miles when I took trip to Alaska.. AND, also where do they tow to. Again, may not be important to you, but I want it towed to my house if practical, not a repair place.

3) What do they do with Comprehensive, i.e. stated value, as in write you a check, or do they replace with like / similar vehicle.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

i don't run my dolphin in winter so i just turned off my insurance but i keep my comp fire and theft on it at all times just call in march and turn it on have agreed in advance in writing to a total loss 8000 dollars.

I checked the NADA book and could not believe the suggested price. There is no way that I would sell my RV for $3000 and no way I will ever find one for that price. I have to check with my insurance company and find out what they would pay for the RV if it was totaled.

NADA stands for National Automobile Dealers association. It is totally scewed to trade in values so they can give us the lowest price possible if you should do something as stupid as trade in a vehicle instead of selling it yourself. I only used it because I know they have original price listed.

Linda S

I actually looked at a brand new Dolphin in 1994 (I think). The full sticker price was $32,000 but after talking

with the dealer for about 10 minutes the price was down to $19,500. It was the last two they had with no more

Toyotas being made, they wanted them off the lot. I recall being shown a coach building video that ran about 20 minutes

that showed the motorhome being made.

Dennis...

Your town or city clerk should have that information when you register your vehicle.

In NH it shows the list price and they depreciate by how old the vehicle is. Not sure about other states, but they have to use some method to value your vehicle for registration purposes.

Our local government has nothing to do with any vehicle registrations in Wisconsin. It is all centrally controlled by the state. They have recently started to allow car dealers to complete registration forms and license plate issues for people. The dealer charges $5 for the service but I won't complain about it since the state charges you $5 to walk into the DMV to do anything.