I am having 4new tires installed on my 1990 conquest MHz.

I have been reading the posts on tire pressure and torque.

I would like to verify that my assumptions are correct.

tire pressure 60 in the rear 55 in the front.

torque 150 in the rear 75 in th front.

the reason I am asking is I have had 2 blowouts in the last 2weeks on the rear inside tires.

I replaced the two front tires 2 weeks ago and I am doing 4 rears tomorrow.

thank you for all the information I have read on this site.

dkwct

There are a lot of opinions. Get a truckers tire gauge of good quality. I keep mine within 5 psi of max tire pressure. The ride may be a little more harsh but gas mileage will be better. Also, the less the sidewall flexes on rotation, the less heat it will generate. Heat will kill a tire.

I've had two tread separations but now blowouts. Tread began coming off the outer driver side dually and took out my tailpipe. Tread began tearing around a bubble on the inner passenger dually. The first tire was about 8 years old. The second about 6 years old.

Very good tires. pressure is about what I keep in mine and the torque sounds close. I think the torque on the rear is a little higher like 170 but I have had my wheels off lots of times and I have never torqued them . Nothing has ever fallen off. I stand on the lug wrench and jump a little. Very exacting skills I have

Linda S

linda s

Very good tires. pressure is about what I keep in mine and the torque sounds close. I think the torque on the rear is a little higher like 170 but I have had my wheels off lots of times and I have never torqued them . Nothing has ever fallen off. I stand on the lug wrench and jump a little. Very exacting skills I have

Linda S

Most manufacturers supplied lug nut wrenches are made to a length so that is the way to loosen / tighten. I am old and lazy so I got an extended length 1/2" breaker bar and 6 point socket.

The problems that happen here is when you go to the tire monkey who doesn't change the setting on the air tool when tightening the lugnuts. Then the extra length tool is really gold.