New Refrigerator vent question

I have an 83 Sunrader Shorty which I have stripped down on the inside and am planning to install a Dometic 2193 in the space where the original fridge was. There are two outside vent doors from the original and I am not clear if they are both needed for this new model.

Now is the time to rebuild the fridge compartment if needed.

Any suggestions from others who have put in new fridges?

Yes, they are both needed. The lower vent is an air intake and should be located at the bottom of the frig.. The upper vent must be at or above the condensor coil thats at the top of the frig. Download the installation drawings for the frig, make sure you provide clearance and air flow.

Dometic 2193

JOhn Mc
88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I'm trying to remember what the cabinet looked like before I tore it out.

It was only as high as the refrigerator with a workspace on top so for the upper vent to suppply fresh air there must have been a chase built on the rear of the workspace to give a path for the air.

The vents are farther apart than the height of the refrigerator so the chase allowed the air in and saved room for a workspace

The aluminum sheet attached to the wall must be to seal off the chase from the rv interior.

Anyone have a picture showing what the original refrigerator installation looks like in a Shorty?

This is the Caddy of the cooling fans...http://www.snydersrvrefrigeration.com/

My refer showed a big decrease in temp.

Cooling fan looks ingenious. Since I live in a cool area (Pacific NW) I will delay installing one since I have MANY new things to install in my gutted Shorty.

I am wondering if the Thermal chimney to the top vent needs to be lined with anything special. I don't remember there was anything special there when I tore it out.

The aluminum flap must go inside the chimney??