Here we are up in Canada, where all the tire dealers sell exactly the same tires. And what's the point of that? Can't be bothered to think/go outside the box, I guess.

Anyway, we need HELP to find tires for our Toy. 184R14 -D (our current ones are C) Need a dealer on Vancouver Island preferably, or mainland BC. Of course anywhere in Canada for that matter. Thanks to the $C going for a dump, buying from the states is probably not a wise option, but we may have to consider that.

Does anyone know where in the great north we might find tires needed? We're going to need at least two this year.

Thx for your help!

Canadian tire is on the Island and sells Hankook. Ask them to order the RA08 tires for you. Still the prices I am seeing are through the roof.Might be cheaper to take the ferry to Seattle to buy them. Same Hankooks are available at Discount tire but you will have to order them from them too.

Nope it looks like they are in stock in the Seattle area

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tires/hankook/product/submitProductSize.do?r=WASINT%7Cpc%7C98161&pc=11011

if you can find somewhere else cheaper they will match prices but similar RA07 was almost 200 at Canadian tire and dollar here and there are not far apart

Linda S

http://www2.tires-easy.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=135&sowigan=&Breite=185&Quer=&Felge=14&Speed=&kategorie=6&LoadRange=Load+Range+D&Marke=&ranzahl=4&rsmFahrzeugart=PKW&s_p=&m_s=3&x_tyre_for=PKW&suchen=View+TiresHere we are up in Canada, where all the tire dealers sell exactly the same tires. And what's the point of that? Can't be bothered to think/go outside the box, I guess.

Anyway, we need HELP to find tires for our Toy. 184R14 -D (our current ones are C) Need a dealer on Vancouver Island preferably, or mainland BC. Of course anywhere in Canada for that matter. Thanks to the $C going for a dump, buying from the states is probably not a wise option, but we may have to consider that.

Does anyone know where in the great north we might find tires needed? We're going to need at least two this year.

Thx for your help!

Places e.g. tires-easy.com charge around $45 per tire to ship to your area. But that does not include all the added on Candian duties and taxes. I have no idea what they amount to. The "Sunny" brand in 185R-14, D , 6 ply rating are $68 each plus $42 each for shipping to Vancouver.

I've bought the Sunny and Achilles and both have been excellent tires.

Funny how different the USA and Canada can be with some things. You'd think they were different countries?? When I installed my new stainless steel chimney here in NY (USA), I had to cross the border and buy the higher-rated pipe in Québec. I could not get it here in the USA even though the better pipe was from the same company (Selkirk). Canada has higher burn-out requirements. Good thing I got it when I did. I'm not allowed in your country anymore.

Tires-Easy has the Hankooks RA08 for $83 each and $45 each to ship to Vancouver. God knows what the other taxes and import duties are.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we asked Canadian Tire, yet again, to order us some tires with the correct specs for our Toyota Warrior, and once again, they told us, no tires with either C or D in the specs are available at Canadian Tire. Not listed at all, so they - Cndn Tire - are off our list.

We have the name of two different tires that should be available in Canada, but so far we have not been able to find them anywhere.

Nexen and Hancook, both of which are manufactured in S. Korea and both available in the states, but so far, not here.

The numbers are: Nexen = SV=820 (185R 14) 8 ply rating with 65 PSI and Hancook: RA08 - 185R14

(not sure the part no. on the Hancook)

We know these are available in the states, but if anyone in Canada can find them, would you please let us know. Shipping is $360 U.S. from down there. And with our dollar right now, SHEESH!

We got them. Nexen 185 14 etc. Big -O Tires in Nanaimo (and same in Ladysmith) located some in Edmonton. These were the only people of all those we tried, who went the extra mile. Nobody else was the least bit interested. Thanks also to Darrel who asked the Ladysmith folks who located them for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Can Tire treated us the same,we ordered hancook RA08 through walmart.com & had them delivered to nearest US wallyworld,went down & had them installed within the week...$101. US each. Stayed & camped for 2 days and so no canadian duty or taxes upon return. Used paypal cause it was hard to use for us to use a canadian credit card on walmart.com

ron & sue, It's getting dark & cant see the key pad. We are on the main land. Just saw the most beautiful sun-set at Sunlund camp ground in Lund. Saw you bought new tires, congrats. Now you can come down & visit our part of the world. Sue, Gun very much enjoyed your books. Read both of them. Darrel & Gun

Darrel.

Glad to hear you are still enjoying B.C. Did Gun manage to arrange a blood test?

Can we get your mailing address somehow? Also your private e-mail? We so want to keep in touch!

Tried calling your cell yesterday, but it rang and rang with no answer so gave up. We were so hoping to be able to see you again before you leave Canada.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the books, Gun. Pass them on if you wish.

Sue & Ron