LED Lights

Anthony in Tahoe

I found and ordered these exact taillights but was then informed they were on backorder. I needed them in a hurry so I cancelled my order and ordered standard non LED lights from Bargman in the same style. A week later go figure I still received the led lights in the mail but had to return them since I had cancelled the order long before they showed up. I will say that they were nice quality and looked pretty fancy. I just could not stand the thought of how dang expensive those led taillights were compared to the incandescent.

I decided to go with the incandescent since I paid I believe $50 total for both rather than $130 for the leds. I do not remember exact pricing but I believe it was around that. I am not worried of them not being led because that is not a problem while driving as far as battery concerns. All my interior lights have been converted to led though for long battery life while camping. I just spent 3 days camping and using my led lights often and the battery did not drain at all. I was quite happy with the leds on the interior.

87 Escaper,

Thanks for that info. I found them on Amazon for $61 a piece too.

As for your interior lights, where did you order them from?

Also you said you didn't drain any battery in 3 days. Do you have 2 batteries? Solar Panel?

Thanks.

I am running my solar panel to the battery in the back then to my battery under the hood all together. I can go for days with the solar charging everything then start the rig and it will charge both batteries. Not sure if that is the way everyone is doing it but it has been working for me. AND I don't have any LED lights anywhere yet.

All I have is the coach rv deep cycle battery. I recently did an led conversion similar to this thread...

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3943

You can also see my short write-up of it here...

http://daysofexploration.blogspot.com/2013/05/sixth.html

I read somewhere that the led lights use about the 1/10th of the power of incandescent. If I used to run multiple/all of my interior lights the battery started fading out rather quickly. I converted most of my interior lights to led and used them every night all weekend for a couple hours and left with a full coach battery still.

I ordered mine on Ebay but beware you will have to solder and do some basic wiring and taking things apart and what not.

Search this on Ebay...

"36-1210SMD LED Warm White" to see the lights I used.

I have no solar power btw, but future plans to!

Since your on a roll, you may also find these of interest:

Running Light LED Conversion

Tail light LED conversion

A word of caution before you give them your credit card. The running light I used are flush mount. there is no room behind them to curl up the wires. I think this was a problem with one of the manufactures, i.e. you couldn't splice the wires, stuff them into a hole, then mount the light over the hole. On my Dolphin, this wasn't a problem.

As for energy use, the LEDs use about 1/5 to 1/7th the energy of a corresponding lamp.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

When I was a teen I worked for a gas station that serviced school buses to this day I dread trying to make clearance lights work! To me if you never do another thing to your MH replace the lights with LED's they work!

• 1 month later...

LED lights for Warrior interior. What are the best, and least expensive, lights for the interior of the cabin? Just purchased one to test from Lordco, and it gives off a slightly blue, not real bright light. I have always said LED's are not nearly as bright as incandescent bulbs, and so far this seems to be true. The bulb we bought is a #1156. Shouldn't there be some indication of the 'lumens, or something to indicate brightness and color designation?

S and R on Toy-Rig

They are not as bright and

LED lights for Warrior interior. What are the best, and least expensive, lights for the interior of the cabin? Just purchased one to test from Lordco, and it gives off a slightly blue, not real bright light. I have always said LED's are not nearly as bright as incandescent bulbs, and so far this seems to be true. The bulb we bought is a #1156. Shouldn't there be some indication of the 'lumens, or something to indicate brightness and color designation?

S and R on Toy-Rig

I bought some from China frankly I was not impressed they claimed they were as blight as a 12 volt bulb but it must have been a very small bulb they tested. They were rated 190 lumens that's about 210 lumens less than a 1156 bulb commonly used in an rv fixture and I think their 190 lumens were a bit of wishful thinking too. Also the color temp is around 7000K as opposed to about 3500K for a filament bulb. I have replaced entire fixtures with custom made ones using 15 SMD G4 base LED’s at 3600K and they work quite well about as bright as a 10 watt halogen. The lumens are not as much but the LED’s are direct light it’s not scattered everywhere. I would recommend the boards with multiple LED’s sold as replacements not the tower bulbs I think you’ll find they make far better light. I don’t like the high temp light 3000 to 3600K is much closer to what most people are used to.