1979 Sunrader for $1,200 - someone buy it before I do!

getout

Found this in the local classifieds. I don't need another project...I have one already that got lowered on the priority list due to home upgrades. I called and he couldn't remember the number of lugs on the rear axle, but I imagine it's not a floater.

It's in Salt Lake City. $1,200. I'm surprised it's lasted more than a day.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=25074422

gallery1

1979 Toyota mini motor home
new drive train, engine needs some work.
Great on Fuel and will park in the same space as most cars. Body is good -has been kept in a garage most of the time

I'd buy it in a flash if it was closer. Nice looking rig and I've been searching for an 18 foot Sunrader. Blown engine or no engine at all is a minor issue. Used good-running engines are easy to find and cheap. To me the big issue that often cannot be fixed is rust and rot.

I'd buy it in a flash if it was closer. Nice looking rig and I've been searching for an 18 foot Sunrader. Blown engine or no engine at all is a minor issue. Used good-running engines are easy to find and cheap. To me the big issue that often cannot be fixed is rust and rot.

I've learned the same thing. All mechanical components can be replaced. Rusted bodies and frames are a whole other matter...

When you're dealing with vehicles this old, we all know to expect work. Possibly a lot of it. Even if they say "runs great!". Knowing it has a blown engine makes it easy. Just find a good replacement and drop it in. Later in my life I'll probably want something more the size of a sunrader. I'd definitely pick that one up for $1200 if I were in that place now.

No He didn't mention it but the rig is already sold I believe. He also had an ad on Las Vegas craigslist the he deleted later that day

Linda S

These rigs were not part of the recall anyway. No bathroom and very light

DEPENDING HOW LONG IT SAT AND HOW BAD OVERHEATING could be you just do a head gasket and be O K MIGHT BE able to use the moter ?

I would have bought this. Blown motor isn't that big of an issue. Thanks for giving everyone a heads up on this. Hopefully it went to a good home.

• 2 months later...

dang it! i just want to see a pic of it..if anyone has one please post it...79 seams to be my white wale.

Yes your rear side entry model is very rare. I think I've only seen 3 of them including yours. Very cute. I don't remember if the subject of this thread was the rear door one but if it was they looked like this but permanently attached to the truck frame

http://medford.craigslist.org/rvs/3990202049.html

Linda S