bed above cab

mini-wini-dan

I had one made at a local mattress store. It was a weird one too it had beveled edges wasn't all that cheap like $200 but it looked and felt like some thing in the house

I put in a twin size futon size mattress and bought a brown futon cover at Fred Meyer. I believe it was $125 in all. 6 inches thick and a bear to move. The wife loves it!

You can see a little of it in this picture.

post-6384-0-96633100-1366755153_thumb.jp

Hi!I have also been looking for a mattress for my dolphin!I came upon this website www.ilovemymattress.com.They have several kinds and will build it to your specs.They are kind of expensive but hopefully we should not have to ever buy another!Hope this helps!Rick

Do you want to keep the cut-out for getting in and out of the cab? If you do you will need to get an all foam mattress. An upholstery shop will likely have the tool to cut the new foam to match the shape of the old one.

We added a 3" memory foam topper to your mattress. It made a huge difference in the quality of sleep for me. We don't use the cut out anyway so that did not matter to us.

I'm doing a combo of Bob_C's and Gary_M's approach.

I have a futon and I don't use the cutout. I put a sheet of plywood clear across the bed area- wall to wall, and futon on top.