I have a 1985 Granville 22REC auto. I thought I read somewhere that these rigs came on the DLX extra cab chassis. I have been using that when searching for parts. I currently need to replace the exhaust pipe from the manifold to the cat. It seems there are several options. Funny that the autozones and such don't show the 85 as having 22REC. they all just list carbed trucks for an 85 DLX. Anyhow I'm looking at walker exhaust site and it lists a 22REC for 1985 and list the Y pipe as they call it as part #45405. Has anyone replaced theirs? The other places are trying to sell me something else. walkers site says this is for both 103 and 112 in wheelbase with EFI.

Your engine tag ought to tell you what you have, and go from there. Sounds like the walker part would work for regular cab and xtra cab, but not long bed. Just a guess though! I'm not sure how the lengths all break down between short bed, long bed, xtra cab...

But I would expect part places to NOT know what they're talking about...

Measure from the rear edge of the rear wheel rim to the rear edge of the front wheel rim that will give you the wheel base in inches armed with that info go the the auto parts store and they'll find the right pipes for you.if it's a full size it will be over 130" WB.

WB ismeasured from the center of one axle to the center of the other.

The toyota brochure from 1985 shows 112 as the wheelbase for the camper cab and chassis. It's not until 1986 that the longer 137 inch wheelbase is available. I would still check yours and make sure the manufacturer didn't lengthen the chassis but you still have to consider the length of your coach. I think some Dolphins have the exhaust all the way to the back but Sunraders exhaust comes out behind the rear wheel. I'm thinkin stock exhaust is not going to work.

Linda S

The variations would seem to indicate aftermarket chassis alterations. I have both a hard copy of the Sunrader brochures for 1984 and 1986. The 1984 says nothing about wheelbase but the 1986 shows 112 for the shorty and 137 for all other models. The 143 for the Sunrader's listed here explains why when Zack ,veganpike, was visiting me, his Sunrader looked so long. Wish I had thought to measure it. Kind of extra scary when you consider all these rigs came with fake duallies

Linda S

Year before last there was a Toyhome at the Felton run, made in Wisconsin I think, that looked at first like one of the shorties to me because of the lack of overhang behind the rear dualies. I mentioned this to the owner and he said no it's 22 feet long I measured it. I looked at it, said wow and got my tape measure out. It had a wheelbase of 142 in, extended 5 inches over the longest I had ever seen (137). I thought the longest made by Toyota was 137?? right?? Frame, wiring, brake lines, driveshaft, etc, lotta work for 5 in with no increase in cabin length.

WB ismeasured from the center of one axle to the center of the other.

Or from the wheels comes out the same just a little easier to measure..

I think the longest was 137" the frame extensions were after the fact the frames were not cut and added to the middle just a longer over hang behind the rear axle. The Hilux long frame was based on the long bed trucks of the time and if I remember correctly they had 7' beds.

A rear frame extension doesn't change the wheelbase. The 137 inch wheelbase from Toyota was only available in 1986 and newer rigs. Doesn't explain the longer wheelbases listed in the link Derek posted. Would be nice if some pre 86 owners measured their rigs wheelbase and we got some more info on this.

Linda S