Tinker bell

tlava

An annoying jingle--same sound that alerts key left in ignition, lights left on, etc, with an extra flourish when going around curves--problem is, it is continuous; any idea how to silence this? it seems to come from center console (radio/cig/heat/AC control cluster--somewhere around there...)

I don't think anyone here knows what your talking about. Toyota's don't ding. I did a search on the web for problems with Nissan's dinging sounds and could find nothing. You should check a nissan site and see if they know what it is

Linda

Maybe door not shut all the way? Seat belt not on? Some kind of warnig bell that mine doesn't have

the banjo twang is something to do with the converter box.

most likely the battery put in the wrong way.

when I had banjo twang it didnt happen until the engine was warm and got worse on the highway.... to the point of a electrical fire actually.

Thanks for the link--unfortunately, I don't have a trip reset on the NIssan. This is a standard ding-dong that seems to be tied in to --lights left on, keys left in ignition, and I guess the dome light as well in the auto/door open position; I do notice that the dome light will sometimes pop on going over bumps, etc, when left in the auto position, so maybe related to that?

Besides the ding-dong, there is a "tilt" signal--at least I guess that is intentional--that is a ringing trill when the RV tilts or goes over bumps, Otherwise, it is a steady ding-dong

older ones used a key in switch buzz er later they switched to a ding dong sound for keys in switch door open etc . dont know your year a lot of that stuff was tied to the drivers door dome light switch check that you maybe able to find the tone unit some where a little box and unplug it what year is that. IN SHORT YOU HAVE A MALFUNCTION OF THE key warning system i think it also may do door adjuar etc find ding dong unit unplug try that.

I think there are two links with this topic. You might look at the seat belts, they have a warning system to aggravate you when they are not hooked up. (broken wires, bad switch in seat belt head, bad switch in seat bucket).

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Thanks!--the dome light thing rings (pun intended) true, since the dome light will flicker on and off over bumps, when set in the door-open-light-on position; I was hoping there might be a module to unplug--guess I'll begin the hunt. I don't think there is a seat belt warning.... I'll have to double check

It's an '86 shorty Sunrader