Hard wiring AAA powered LEDs for 12V???

getout

I much prefer lighting that is close to the same as natural sunlight at mid day over warm white. That light has about a 5,000 kelvin rating. There are LEDs in that color range. One of the reasons I prefer to work under that kind of light is the colors read true and it is easier to see what you are doing. I had my last workshop outfitted with "sunlight" fluorescent bulbs. When you walk into a space with that kelvin of lighting you feel good and you don't get seasonal affected disorder...SAD.

I don't like working under warm white lights. It is also more difficult to read under, muddy lighting so to speak.

I have 2 warm white 36 smd interior lights

I also have 2 42 smd cool white interior lights. I also have an 18 smd cool white map light in the cab.

and between those two, warm white is closer to natural daylight.

it is still much cooler than the yellow incandescents lights that are in your rv.... whereas cool white is white with blue.

warm white is white with yellow. But in these leds, warm white is closer to just white than cool white is.

And yes the very best color is to use them both at once.

The color of light leds makers sell that is closest to natural daylight is called warm white. Daylight is barely yellow.

If you are looking for just white leds, they exist but arent as popular as those two colors.

I do believe cool white is thought to improve mood for lighting purposes. It is often seen in street lights. It exists nowhere in nature though.

Im almost sure that says the same thing.

the sun at noon maximum color is called 5400 which is warmer than 6k cool lights.

its cooler than what we call warm white also but warm white exists in natural sunlight and cool white doesnt...

contrary to what waiter said though, warm white leds are much much less yellow than incadescent 1141 bulbs. the color will be much cooler.

The cool white color is great too but its just a little bit of the discoteque look.

I went ahead and got them both because i didnt trust anyones opinion. But having them both I fully recomend getting all warm white

I use 2 of each as my most used interior lights. I have two in my oven sink area where I turn them both on. at once and the mixture there is great of one of each.

I want warm white over the cooking things so I can recognize the ingredients next to cool white it the sink so I can read the box contains.

cool white leds will make things very visible but the colors will be all different.

Karin, don't bother with the wall warts. Just hard wire to 12v, if your in a campground then plug in your RV and run the converter to keep the battery up.

WME

• 2 weeks later...